Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Dublin Villain

Dean Smith

3 hours ago, Rawly1966 said:

Double seriously ? Holy good lord above 🙈

Give me a reason as to why when all was available we went for smith if the owners as they said wanted to make a statement of intent?

3 hours ago, villagaz711 said:

Give me a reason as to why when all was available we went for smith if the owners as they said wanted to make a statement of intent?

I ain't the owner mate ,you will have to ask them , but an awful lot of people believe this man given time will turn this club around . 

Who was avaliable ,and more to the point who wanted it ?? 

funniest.gif

Yes it going to take time but he'll get there. The signs are there already. Whether there is time this season remains to be seen. Massive own goal in my opinion by the new owners not to sack Bruce in the summer and bring Dean Smith in  then.   He would of had pre season with the players and time to implement his style of football. Instead Bruce was kept on to decimate the defence and to mess up the goalkeeping situation. He also bought in Bolasie an El-Ghazi on big wages neither of who seem capable of playing 90 minutes. Only good thing from the summer has been Bruce signing John Mcginn who has been brilliant. 

fliegetn0.gif

22 hours ago, Patrick said:

Yes it going to take time but he'll get there. The signs are there already. Whether there is time this season remains to be seen. Massive own goal in my opinion by the new owners not to sack Bruce in the summer and bring Dean Smith in  then.   He would of had pre season with the players and time to implement his style of football. Instead Bruce was kept on to decimate the defence and to mess up the goalkeeping situation. He also bought in Bolasie an El-Ghazi on big wages neither of who seem capable of playing 90 minutes. Only good thing from the summer has been Bruce signing John Mcginn who has been brilliant. 

Agree with you, Patrick.

Everyone knew my feelings last year. I was bored and fed up of the style of football.

It is clear that the football is better to watch - I am looking forward to see what he does after a week with them against Bolton.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

22 hours ago, Patrick said:

El ghazi dosnt seem to be able to play , full stop ,balaban in disguise 

funniest.gif

17 minutes ago, Rawly1966 said:

El ghazi dosnt seem to be able to play , full stop ,balaban in disguise 

I thought he did OK on the left in his first game.

Would agree from what we have seen since.

Although saying that, I havent been impressed by anyone who has come on as a substitute this season

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 minute ago, avstu said:

I thought he did OK on the left in his first game.

Would agree from what we have seen since.

Although saying that, I havent been impressed by anyone who has come on as a substitute this season

Whelan has been ok 

funniest.gif

03/06/2019 : Now the 2018-2019 Season is over and successfully so, Dean Smith's record is superior to all other Aston Villa Managers since and including Martin O'Neill. Now it is very true that DS has not had much competition since MON, but he has done what he was hired to do, get AVFC back into the EPL and has done it in an entertaining manner too.

2ex5us2.jpg

Dean Smith's record includes the record-breaking 10 consecutive League wins so for posterity, here they are.

dcae55.jpg

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

the premier league is a different league altogether, he has to prove himself allover again. im sure he can do it, but time will tell if he does, we could lose him. also he has a long way to go before you can put him in the same class as mon,,

1 hour ago, rogerstan said:

the premier league is a different league altogether, he has to prove himself allover again. im sure he can do it, but time will tell if he does, we could lose him. also he has a long way to go before you can put him in the same class as mon,,

I agree that Dean Smith has to prove himself in the EPL, Rog.

DS's record so far is so far, very good, but it is just the start. I hope he will be with AVFC for longer than MON was and as for 'we could lose him', I do not see who we could lose DS to, apart from England.

AVFC RFC SAFC