Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Dublin Villain

Dean Smith

5 hours ago, Patrick said:

Yes McCormack was never going to play for Bruce again after the public humiliation over the gate affair when Bruce hung him out to dry.   I can see him making every effort to get fully fit now and to challenge for start in the first team. He can score goals and you never forget where the net is. 

McCormack is on loan in Australia for the season. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

McCormack is on loan in Australia for the season. 

Ah yeah he's just joined Central Coast Mariners. 

14 minutes ago, Theclaretblue said:

Ah yeah he's just joined Central Coast Mariners. 

In any case, I’d sooner see O’Hare get more opportunities now. The kid has bags of potential. 

50 minutes ago, Andy said:

In any case, I’d sooner see O’Hare get more opportunities now. The kid has bags of potential. 

I love the look of O'Hare. If we don't go up and we lose Grealish, O'Hare is the lad to take his spot. Forget loaning premier league teams kids lets promote out own.

McCormack is probably one of the only things I could side with Bruce on. Anytime he did play for us he looked unfit, overweight and uninterested. I'm open to all having a fresh start though and I hope Hogan has something to offer under smith. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Just as  the previous manager was fortunate to inherit players such as  kodja , Chester , adomah ect . Dean Smith is inheriting some good players that Bruce didn't have a clue how to use. Treated like sh*t by Bruce I think  James Bree will  start tomorrow and cement a regular place . If not tomorrow I also expect Lansbury will soon get his chance  in the starting line up and  O Hare will surely be  given a good run of games to prove himself and I am hoping my favorite young player Corey Taylor also gets a chance to show what he can do at some point

That was him in the under 23s premier league cup final last season 

fliegetn0.gif

I wasnt convined before he came and i'm still not convinced. team selection is poor. Today kodjia plays wide instead of Bolasie??? What does this guy need to do to start. With scum in a couple of weeks i fear for us.

I've tried looking for a previous post but cant find it  basically I said back in June if we are an ambitious club then we should approach the likes of Benitez or Wenger. If as a club we are happy to stay in the championship and finish around 7/8 with a chance of making playoffs  then Dean Smith was the best option. He definitely wont get us promoted. That's not me being negative just me being truthful. So far i have seen nothing to prove me otherwise. Has anyone else????

20 hours ago, villagaz711 said:

I wasnt convined before he came and i'm still not convinced. team selection is poor. Today kodjia plays wide instead of Bolasie??? What does this guy need to do to start. With scum in a couple of weeks i fear for us.

Seriously ? 

funniest.gif

18 hours ago, villagaz711 said:

I've tried looking for a previous post but cant find it  basically I said back in June if we are an ambitious club then we should approach the likes of Benitez or Wenger. If as a club we are happy to stay in the championship and finish around 7/8 with a chance of making playoffs  then Dean Smith was the best option. He definitely wont get us promoted. That's not me being negative just me being truthful. So far i have seen nothing to prove me otherwise. Has anyone else????

Double seriously ? Holy good lord above 🙈

funniest.gif