Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Dublin Villain

Dean Smith

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce the appointments of Dean Smith as our new Head Coach, John Terry as Assistant Coach and Jesus Garcia Pitarch as Sporting Director.

Smith, a lifelong Villa fan, is known for his exciting and attractive brand of football which he implemented in his previous posts at both Brentford and Walsall.

Terry spent the final year of his illustrious playing career at Villa Park as he captained the club to the play-off final last season and brings a wealth of experience with him to his new role from his time as skipper of both Chelsea and England.

And Pitarch has occupied Director of Football roles at both Valencia and Atletico Madrid in his native Spain. 

During his time at Valencia, the club won the La Liga title and UEFA Cup and Atletico lifted the Europa League and the European Super Cup during his tenure.

CEO Christian Purslow said: “These three appointments represent the start of a new era and direction at Aston Villa and we are delighted to secure their services after an extensive search.

“Dean has a clear and successful coaching philosophy as well as a real understanding of Aston Villa Football Club. He is also knowledgeable about the Championship.

“The board welcomes him to the club and is looking forward to working with him and his staff.

“John is one of the most decorated players in English football, has an affinity with the club and is ready to make the next step in his career working alongside Dean.

“And Jesus also brings a huge amount of experience in his particular role having worked with some of the biggest clubs in Europe. He will ensure the club has an integrated approach running from the academy through the U23s and into the first-team.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Take nothing for granted after the last few seasons but really excited to see what he can do. Tactically organised and better football would be great. Terry should have real influence with the players and can hopefully tighten up our defence.

It will take time to turn us around and repair some of the recent damage Bruce caused. 

Will be interesting to see if players like Hogan or Lansbury could have something to offer. If Hogan is to be believed tactical instruction amounted to nothing more then "work hard" under the previous regime. 

Onwards and upwards, UTV!

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Could have been a lot, lot worse and I actually include Henry in that category as well! 

Not overly convinced by Smith but I'm hoping the combination of him and Terry works. He also hasn't ever dealt with transfers so we are relying on this jesus guy to buy well

mzjj.jpg

Looks like Sawiris and Edens have been planning this rather than just making a rash decision to sack Bruce.

I have my reservations about Smith, he's worked wonders at Brentford but we aren't Brentford. I'm happy enough though, bloke deserves a chance.

Terry should be a good influence, though I'd rather see him back on the pitch for now.

Pitarch comes with some pedigree, what's not to like ? It looks like the club has a long term vision, no five year plans or this time next year we'll be in Europe announcements, these blokes have come in and quietly set about their business, it looks professional and I'm optimistic about our future....as long as we the fans are patient because if we go up this year with our defence Jesus will have had a hand in another miracle.

11/10/2018 : Have this here too, from 'Next Villa Manager' ... the management team has arrived.

14 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

10/10/2018 : Matter resolved, to the delight of most (if not all) Villa Fans. I like it very much.

Skysports - Dean Smith appointed Aston Villa head coach with John Terry assistant coach

We have 'divine' assistance too (!)

Jesus Garcia Pitarch appointed Aston Villa's new sporting director.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Welcome to The Famous Aston Villa Dean and Jesus Garcia.

Welcome back J.T.

By heck you,ve got a right job on your hands---full credit to ya for taking it on,

Am well chuffed with the appointments dont know anything about Mr Pitarch --but we all know about Dean Smith and J.T.

hopefully they can kickstart our season beginning with the Swansea game---and J.T. will be able to get Jack firing on all cylinders again.

V.T.I.D.-------------------------

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I didn't have a manager who i would say i wanted at Villa. I am not upset about the appointment but neither am I overwhelmed.

I wanted someone who would change the style of football at the club and I believe Smith should bring that.

To think he can't cut it at the club is silly for me. We are not who we once were. We as fans, have very high expectations and rightly so but right now we are just a Championship club. Like Brentford. Smith, supports Villa. He will know exactly what he is walking into.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Just realised that Hogan was at Brentford  with Dean Smith manager maybe he will be able to regain his goalscoring form again i reckon Hogan could link up well with Abraham and Jack supplying.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png