FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

JT Retires

avstu

JT Retires

John Terry has announced this evening that he will be retiring from professional football.

I know many have their views on Terry but as someone who played in defence myself I admired the player he was from afar for a long time. It was a dream come true seeing him in the Villa shirt last season.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

7 minutes ago, avstu said:

JT Retires

John Terry has announced this evening that he will be retiring from professional football.

I know many have their views on Terry but as someone who played in defence myself I admired the player he was from afar for a long time. It was a dream come true seeing him in the Villa shirt last season.

Agreed and hope this transpires to an off the pitch role for him, if it werent for him not having an A licence for another month i'd be convinced hes our new manager, unless out of the blue we appoint Ranieri, Ancelotti or AVB until end of season with Terry No2 with a view to manager at the end of the season.

HEITS

UTV!!!!! 

For player who only was here for one season he certainly left a mark on the club, he was great captain who always professional and always gave 100% in performance a great ambassador for the younger players and especially towards Jack Grealish, he really as concentrated on his game rather nights out in a nightclub mainly down to John I think. It would fantastic to see him back in either the manager or assistant manager capacity as i still feel John as a big part to play in Villa's future. 

13 hours ago, villagaz711 said:

Agreed and hope this transpires to an off the pitch role for him, if it werent for him not having an A licence for another month i'd be convinced hes our new manager, unless out of the blue we appoint Ranieri, Ancelotti or AVB until end of season with Terry No2 with a view to manager at the end of the season.

One of Englands finest Centre Half,s  a great captain leader and club man---just what we need!! i didnt know he has a month to go but then again i didnt even know that Franky Boy had qualified,!!

whoever steps into the massive void, imo it would be a big big coup if J.T. was recruited into some capacity to help this great club find its feet again,folk are needed who are actually in touch with the modern game none better fitting the bill than J.T. 

He knows most in the dressing room and i,m sure was a massive influence last season---on the many many numerous occasions when Jack got hacked who was the one in the refs ear giving it some?  John Terry, i havent seen much of that this season,who travelled miles and miles to watch a seemingly unimportant away Carabbao Cup game? John Terry,--

that is a great idea Gaz  a short term appt of a manager well experienced  who J.T. has played under with him eventually taking the reins, if only the new owners read this forum,

John Terry -----Captain ,leader, legend------ how-very very true. 

and didnt i read somewhere Terry has said there is "unfinished business at Villa Park"

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

20 minutes ago, freddy said:

One of Englands finest Centre Half,s  a great captain leader and club man---just what we need!! i didnt know he has a month to go but then again i didnt even know that Franky Boy had qualified,!!

whoever steps into the massive void, imo it would be a big big coup if J.T. was recruited into some capacity to help this great club find its feet again,folk are needed who are actually in touch with the modern game none better fitting the bill than J.T. 

He knows most in the dressing room and i,m sure was a massive influence last season---on the many many numerous occasions when Jack got hacked who was the one in the refs ear giving it some?  John Terry, i havent seen much of that this season,who travelled miles and miles to watch a seemingly unimportant away Carabbao Cup game? John Terry,--

that is a great idea Gaz  a short term appt of a manager well experienced  who J.T. has played under with him eventually taking the reins, if only the new owners read this forum,

John Terry -----Captain ,leader, legend------ how-very very true. 

and didnt i read somewhere Terry has said there is "unfinished business at Villa Park"

Yes your right he did say he had unfinished business. I also read yesterday that he was interviewed for the managers position but had reservations of taking over from Bruce the man who brought him to the club last season. Does make you wonder why he never signed for another club???

i like the idea of Henry/Terry partnership I think it’s bold and risky but personally I don’t think it will work and that’s a shame cause you have 2 very nice guys and I’d hate them to have there image tarnished.

HEITS

UTV!!!!! 

There's one image of JT that optimises him as a person, player and captain; and that's when he literally flung himself at the ball head first whilst playing for England.  Wish we could've had him when he was a bit younger and for a few years. Top, top player

mzjj.jpg

I think Terry played a huge part last season and maybe he was doing all the work Bruce should have been doing. I know Bruce has had horrific year off the field and missed a lot of work and perhaps in that time when he was away Terry was perhaps the guy who was in charge. Just seems strange now how since Terry's departure the teams confidence has dipped. 

Archived