FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Grealish signs new 5 year contract

markymark

Grealish signs new 5 year contract

Jack Grealish signs new five-year deal with Aston Villa despite interest from Tottenham Hotspur

• Tottenham launched a £25million bid for Jack Grealish in the summer months 
  • But Aston Villa refused to sell and have now tied him to a new five-year contract 
  • Christian Purslow, Villa's CEO, admitted his delight at the new agreement

Now we just need to appoint a new manager who can properly utilise Jack.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

9 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

24/09/2018 : Good news in itself, but is it just a stop-gap, dependent on AVFC getting promotion this Season ?

AVFC - Jack Grealish signs new Aston Villa deal

I would assume there are release clauses in the contract, minimum fee, failure to get promoted.  Just Villa looking to guarantee a good price for him.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

2 hours ago, markymark said:

I would assume there are release clauses in the contract, minimum fee, failure to get promoted.  Just Villa looking to guarantee a good price for him.

Good points there Mark, which cover all contracts, not just this one. It is what they don't tell us that will often count more in the long run than just the issued public statement.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Can we not just be happy that he’s committed to us. He will be sold if we don’t go up, regardless of any clauses, but the fee will be a sight bigger than without the contract. This is good news. Cheer up 😁

Reported minimum fee clause of £60M. Madness from Grealish's point of view.

I am a massive Jack fan but he needs to step up. He has had two periods (Under Sherwood and the back end of last season) when he has really stepped up. He should be the main man on the pitch every game we play.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

23 minutes ago, Andy said:

Does anyone else find it strange that, for our biggest contract signing in years, the manager wasn’t involved in the photocall or the website report? 

I never gave that a thought.

Maybe SB is still trying to work out how best to use Jack's talents on the pitch ?!!!

AVFC RFC SAFC

40 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

I never gave that a thought.

Maybe SB is still trying to work out how best to use Jack's talents on the pitch ?!!!

To be fair, he got it bang on last season. 

To make a signing like that, with no comment from the manager is unusual imo. 

Archived