FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa 3-2 Wigan Athletic

avstu

30 minutes ago, freddy said:

McGinn looks dam good a bundle of energy aint afraid to go where it hurts,just whats been missing, as the Hibs lad says he uses his rear end to shield the ball and shake players off---teamed up well with Jack in only his debut they appear to be on the same wavelength----a good sign for the rest of the season,

no announcement was made about our second goal  looked like Axel,s chest to me but unsure, new keeper looks shaky a bit like Gollini was---needs to settle in quickly,  defence had 2nd thoughts about backpassing,after the first goal --Jack was his usual entertaining self,and got a great ovation both at the start and end of the game,

well done Brucey ---good substitutions---Jack McGinn and Hourihane teaming up well for Birkir to hit the winner

,well doneThe  Boyz In Claret and Blue---a weekend to toast 3 points.

on a negative note----No Sky half time reports on Holte End tv screens---Test Match cricket instead,?

service and ale in The Holte Suite both atrocious,  bar rammed --staff putting deliverys onto shelfs when not empty???? ale being continously returned!!!

no paper tissues in toiets to dry hands on!!!----

Upper doug was a joke, went down on 35mins, joined que. Got served after 20mins, no food inc crisps, choc etc, so soft drinks except water and by time i got served was only couple of beers left. Rammed to the rafters and no room to move. Ringing ticket office monday either going back to lower north or back in the holte.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, villagaz711 said:

Upper doug was a joke, went down on 35mins, joined que. Got served after 20mins, no food inc crisps, choc etc, so soft drinks except water and by time i got served was only couple of beers left. Rammed to the rafters and no room to move. Ringing ticket office monday either going back to lower north or back in the holte.

Club needs to get its house in order regards refreshments----staff all seemed young casual not quite" with it"and very very inexperienced,they spent more time using the blinking computerised till than serving!! lots of cloudy pints either returned or just left on the bar also there seems to be no individual serving "areas" for them with them serving anyone they liked to no order seemed a right disarray with no leadership at all!! the club must be loosing lots in lost revenue----this needs sorting Villa!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• Larry-AV changed the title to Aston Villa 3-2 Wigan Athletic
20 minutes ago, Apollo said:

The new keeper defo needs to work on his kicking. 

The new Scottish lad in midfield looked a quality addition, not a bad debut at all. 

he is better than johnstone already with his kicking, most people in VP today thought  that, just the communication with defense needs working on.

11 minutes ago, villagaz711 said:

he is better than johnstone already with his kicking, most people in VP today thought  that, just the communication with defense needs working on.

His kicking might be better than Johnstone, but the kicking was still poor. He miskicked the ball on many occasions. I’m hoping it was just nerves.

Verdict on John Mcginn (sjm*) folks?

as good as I made out!?

there is a an article on bbc sport from Alan Stubbs about Mcginn which almost describes him word for word as I did. He to says Steven Gerrard as his comparable.

*us hibs fans refer to him as sjm super John Mcginn. 

Great result for the villa also the last minute goal won me £131!! 

You boys are going up!! 

1 hour ago, Hibs fan said:

Verdict on John Mcginn (sjm*) folks?

as good as I made out!?

there is a an article on bbc sport from Alan Stubbs about Mcginn which almost describes him word for word as I did. He to says Steven Gerrard as his comparable.

*us hibs fans refer to him as sjm super John Mcginn. 

Great result for the villa also the last minute goal won me £131!! 

You boys are going up!! 

Yup the lad played very well can take a dead ball kick can tackle is a bundle of energy uses his body well shimmys his backside then sets off in the opposite direction,quickly adapted to come and applaud The Holte End at the final whistle and most importantly seems to be on Jacks wavelength already!hopefully he will take some of the burden and pressure off Jack and quickly become a crowd favourite.could well be one of the missing links we so badly need.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• avstu unpinned this topic

Archived