Jump to content

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

Another pub to close

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

Popular Match day pub the Sacred Heart has this morning announced on their Facebook that it will close its doors.

The statement read:

"This decision hasn’t come lightly and it’s come to a point where the decision was taken out of our hands and made for us.

We have done all we can and brought the club as far as we possibly could and hopefully someone new can continue and carry the club on.

I would like to thank all of the staff and most of all you the customers that have supported us through it all. Thank you.”

It is unclear if this is the latest of many pubs including the Adventurers pub to completely close or if someone else will buy the venue and continue to run the place. The statement would suggest the later but going by the number of pubs that have closed around Villa Park recently I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t reopen.

Source: Link.

 

 


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great pub gone, witton arms and aston tavern will be the only pubs left.


image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, B6! said:

Another great pub gone, witton arms and aston tavern will be the only pubs left.

Hard enough to get a beer in there as it is. Easier to drink away from VP now.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reckon Joe Pete and me will be sticking to The Holte Suite once again-----its handy not too costly no admission fee last season-ok for a quick one after a game --but a queue after about 1.20  with lots of room inside??   dead opposite to the much missed "Addies"


2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, freddy said:

reckon Joe Pete and me will be sticking to The Holte Suite once again-----its handy not too costly no admission fee last season-ok for a quick one after a game --but a queue after about 1.20  with lots of room inside??   dead opposite to the much missed "Addies"

I tried it a few times last year and found it hard to get a drink and then the beer wasn’t the best anyway.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, avstu said:

I tried it a few times last year and found it hard to get a drink and then the beer wasn’t the best anyway.

Aye it can get crowded and the very young bar staff seem to change every game you need to give the females a wink and the Heineken was a bit like cats p*** a couple of times but its handy and has sky with televised games.

 


2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 7:47 AM, freddy said:

Aye it can get crowded and the very young bar staff seem to change every game you need to give the females a wink and the Heineken was a bit like cats p*** a couple of times but its handy and has sky with televised games.

 

I think it is easier just to drink away from VP now although the Sports Bar on Temple Row in town has closed already.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, avstu said:

I think it is easier just to drink away from VP now although the Sports Bar on Temple Row in town has closed already.

You can't use spoons in town either as it's stopped letting football fans in


image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B6! said:

You can't use spoons in town either as it's stopped letting football fans in

I am not a big fan of spoons anyway. I used to go next door. The Shakespeare (on Temple Row) is always popular with Villa supporters.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Holte Suite is a handy meeting place, i come by car as does Pete and Joe by bus------also in the mainroom there are sometimes former players giving a talk and answering questions----last season Gordon Cowans Tony Morley Ian Taylor and Derrick Mountfield were amongst the speakers--and Peter Withe was often in the front room selling his book,


2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...