Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Takeover Talk

Prospective buyers continue to eye crisis-hit Aston Villa despite embattled owner Dr Tony Xia insisting he doesn't want to sell.

Championship Villa are in the grip of a major crisis after missing out on the Premier League in the play-off final.

Chairman Xia is trying to remain in charge but has been unable to source substantial cash from his native China since last August.

The club were late paying a tax bill last month and CEO Keith Wyness has left and is suing for constructive dismissal.

Source: Link

Prospective owners are queueing up , eager to buy a club loosing millions each month and a   100 million in debt .

We'll one or 2 are,  but you have to wonder why.   ,,and what kind of owners they are 

On 6/26/2018 at 8:58 AM, Patrick said:

Prospective owners are queueing up , eager to buy a club loosing millions each month and a   100 million in debt .

We'll one or 2 are,  but you have to wonder why.   ,,and what kind of owners they are 

The cutbacks this club has made and is still losing millions - There is a problem somewhere at that club.

I would say our wage bill has more than halved. Matchday costs are a lot cheaper yet tickets/merchandise etc are more expensive. Something doesn't add up.

I would take an honest owner who came in and said it will take us 12-24 months of cutbacks and hard work and during that time our aim is to stabilise in this division and then we will make a push to return to the Prem. I want honesty. I would love a new owner to introduce a fan in a non-executive position also in the club. Someone who can let them know what the fans are thinking and also communicate back to fans in an honest manner.

I have said it before. I would more than be happy with a similar position to the way German clubs are run. Fans own 51% of the club.

Aston Villa’s precarious future could soon be resolved as Tony Xia discusses takeover bids with two interested parties, writes Gregg Evans.

BirminghamLive understands that Xia rejected a 51 per-cent offer from a European bidder yesterday.

A financial package that would have met his requirements of up to £40million of investment was put forward - but he knocked it back.

Negotiations with two other serious bidders are now planned as the Chinese owner tries to find a way out of the current mess.

Both parties are weighing up offers for control or outright purchase.

And in the background remains an American group which has registered an interest but is yet to make a formal bid.

It’s understood representatives were taking a closer inspection around Villa Park and the surrounding area earlier this week but they’re yet to make a move.

Interest has started to pick up after a slow week.

And sources have told us that a recent filing on Companies House related to the club’s debt, suggests a new buyer or major investor is not far away.

Source: Link

sounds as though things are stirring at last----

l cant buy how financially zilched the club is!!!---------great support home top of the attendance table,--(great following away too)

yet we apparently incur loss after loss month by month??  obviously the ludicrously excessive contracts didnt and dont help----it seems we have been mis-managed financially season after season!! and that aint no dam good!!!!! things need to and must change!!!!!

2 minutes ago, freddy said:

yet we apparently incur loss after loss month by month??  obviously the ludicrously excessive contracts didnt and dont help----it seems we have been mis-managed financially season after season!! and that aint no dam good!!!!! things need to and must change!!!!!

28/06/2018 : It sounds like Terry Venables' famous 'prune' remark, Freddy ... the money comes in and goes straight out !!!

22 hours ago, freddy said:

sounds as though things are stirring at last----

l cant buy how financially zilched the club is!!!---------great support home top of the attendance table,--(great following away too)

Things are changing as the club explores new avenues of making money 

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/away-season-ticket-schemes-causes-uproar-through-lack-of-fairness-as-villa-chase-easy-money/

I don't understand how we are still supposedly hemorrhaging money? Since we were relegated numerous, if not all, players have had reductions in their wages, we've made massive cuts around staffing, saved in the wage bill by selling and releasing players, loaning players etc. How are we still losing millions per month?

Getting fed up of this now. So many complained about Ellis and wanted him gone but ffs I'd have him back any day of the week. Top half finishes with the odd cup run. Not half bad when you look back

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JustRich said:

I don't understand how we are still supposedly hemorrhaging money? Since we were relegated numerous, if not all, players have had reductions in their wages, we've made massive cuts around staffing, saved in the wage bill by selling and releasing players, loaning players etc. How are we still losing millions per month?

Getting fed up of this now. So many complained about Ellis and wanted him gone but ffs I'd have him back any day of the week. Top half finishes with the odd cup run. Not half bad when you look back

We would still be in the Premiership if Ellis was in charge.

• Upvote 1