Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Scottish Football Thread 18/19

27/07/2018 : I had this discussion with Dimitri on AVF back in May, but the posts were lost when the Site moved to new software ! ... Fortunately I have them in my notepad and share them here.

Scottish Football Thread 2017/18 in Footie Talk Posted 26/05/2018 - Post lost after AVF moved to new server on 14/05/2018.
    19 hours ago, Dimitri said:
    Also,looks like rangers have cut our away allocation from 8k to 1k,...they will lose money as tickets are £50 a pop,..celtic I assume will do the same ie; tit for tat
26/05/2018 : It is to enable Rangers ST holders (40k so far) to be accomodated throughout the ground for all games. It applies to all visiting teams, Dimitri.
Rangers FC - Season Tickets – A Thank You
https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/season-tickets-a-thank-you : Rangers FC - Season Tickets – A Thank You

Scottish Football Thread 2017/18 in Footie Talk Posted 26/05/2018 - Post lost after AVF moved to new server on 14/05/2018.
    22 minutes ago, Dimitri said:
    the atmosphere wont be the same imo both of us stuck in the corner getting 1k tickets
I think the Glasgow Polis will be happy with this ... and even happier if there were no visiting fans (at both grounds) at all !
In my opinion every visiting team must have its supporters in the ground. I think AVFC allows 3k, they are accomodated in the Doug Ellis stand ... also in the corner, by the North Stand.
BTW, I am not sure if these limits on away fans in Scotland will apply to Cup games ?

AVFC RFC SAFC

29/07/2018, Pre-Season Friendly : Rangers v Wigan Athletic KO 15:00 hours

I have just renewed my subscription to RTV, £49.00 for the Standard Annual package. The game today will be shown live on RTV, the usual 'UK/ROI' exception does not apply.

AVFC RFC SAFC

29/07/2018, Pre-Season Friendly : Rangers 3-0 Wigan Athletic HT 0-0

A game of two halves ... 'don’t wait for me for a bollocking at half time ... start the game properly' (SG).

Attendance : 28,779 (RFC)

AVFC RFC SAFC

29/07/2018 : Scottish League Cup, 2nd Round Draw (alpha sorted) :

Aberdeen v St Mirren
Dundee v Ayr United
Dunfermline v Heart of Midlothian
Hibernian v Ross County
Kilmarnock v Rangers
Livingston v Motherwell
Partick Thistle v Celtic
Queen of the South v St Johnstone

All ties will be played on the weekend of August 18/19.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

01/08/2018 : Greek fire or on the bottle next ... I will update the score in this post. The winners will face AEK Athens in the next qualifying round and the losers will drop into Europa League qualifying and face Cork City.

Wednesday 1st August
UEFA Champions League Qualifying 2nd Round (2nd leg) : Rosenborg 0-0 Celtic (Agg 1-3)

Edited by Larry-AV
Score.

AVFC RFC SAFC

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, avstu said:

Meant to ask what was going on here. I get the logic from Rangers when they play every club but surely they are hurting their own fans as Celtic will only give them 800 for the return games surely

sorry for the late reply,..i think rangers fans were sick of us partying in the broomloan stand(ibrox) and our players obviously running over at FT joining in,& the way the away ends are situated we are in great view of the cameras aswell,as for rangers although they get the same 7500k-8k tickets, they get the 2 tiers at CP but are more in the corner,but both stadiums cant help that,though,tickets for away games will be like goldust now only 800 I bet the corporate fans get 1st dibs youll hardly hear us or them

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

2 hours ago, Dimitri said:

sorry for the late reply,..i think rangers fans were sick of us partying in the broomloan stand(ibrox) and our players obviously running over at FT joining in,& the way the away ends are situated we are in great view of the cameras aswell,as for rangers although they get the same 7500k-8k tickets, they get the 2 tiers at CP but are more in the corner,but both stadiums cant help that,though,tickets for away games will be like goldust now only 800 I bet the corporate fans get 1st dibs youll hardly hear us or them

Seems silly. It will surely effect the pull of the game now. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Just now, avstu said:

Seems silly. It will surely effect the pull of the game now. 

atmosphere will be different,..think ajax & Feyenoord have done similar the past few yrs either only a few hundred or complete ban iirc,

6 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

atmosphere will be different,..think ajax & Feyenoord have done similar the past few yrs either only a few hundred or complete ban iirc,

Yeah, my mates went to Ajax v Feyenoord last season and the first thing they noticed was how the whole stadium was Ajax. They had no away fans altogether. Although they enjoyed it they did say it just wasn't the same.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

6 minutes ago, avstu said:

Yeah, my mates went to Ajax v Feyenoord last season and the first thing they noticed was how the whole stadium was Ajax. They had no away fans altogether. Although they enjoyed it they did say it just wasn't the same.

ive always fancied 'de klassieker derby' but at the de kuip for a heavy rave & sing song lol,obviously hoping for some ajax fans there aswell for the atmosphere,