Jump to content
FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Missed tax payment


villagaz711

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, avstu said:

Different figures again. 1.2m will be paid - half of the amount owed. I thought we owed 4.5m?

 

Xia must sell. I can’t see anyway how he can improve things from here.

 

If the Chinese govt only allow upto 5% of a company/persons wealth to leave the country, then i have to agree, In Xia's words 'we need to be sustainable' and at the minute we are not.

HEITS

UTV!!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, villagaz711 said:

 

If the Chinese govt only allow upto 5% of a company/persons wealth to leave the country, then i have to agree, In Xia's words 'we need to be sustainable' and at the minute we are not.

Someone said earlier that other owners get around it by setting up other companies in the US and then moving that cash to the country they have their business in.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, avstu said:

Someone said earlier that other owners get around it by setting up other companies in the US and then moving that cash to the country they have their business in.

Think Xia tried that buy trying to buy that Hollywood film production company.

HEITS

UTV!!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, villagaz711 said:

Think Xia tried that buy trying to buy that Hollywood film production company.

Ahh right.

 

just read something on the Bham Mail website where they have spoken with ‘experts’and two things are mentioned.

A) Naming rights for VP. They are saying we should do similar to what Man City did but I thought we could t do that because if they pay £10M a year then it’ would be pointless as it will only be worth what the EFL value the deal?

B) Selling the club. They suggest a new owner would wipe the FFP slate clean. How does that work?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, avstu said:

Ahh right.

 

just read something on the Bham Mail website where they have spoken with ‘experts’and two things are mentioned.

A) Naming rights for VP. They are saying we should do similar to what Man City did but I thought we could t do that because if they pay £10M a year then it’ would be pointless as it will only be worth what the EFL value the deal?

B) Selling the club. They suggest a new owner would wipe the FFP slate clean. How does that work?

 

I believe that Man City sold naming rights to etihad for £400m over 10 years, although accounts will have to show £40m every years thats an initial £400m cash influx, one way around FFP. Not sure we could generate that sort of income.

 

As for a new owner, the Holding Company will change name thus deeming the FFP rule against the previous one. ie FFP is against Recon Football Limited so if this peter freund took over the holding company would be Trinity Sport Holdings thus wiping the slate clean.

HEITS

UTV!!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, villagaz711 said:

 

I believe that Man City sold naming rights to etihad for £400m over 10 years, although accounts will have to show £40m every years thats an initial £400m cash influx, one way around FFP. Not sure we could generate that sort of income.

 

As for a new owner, the Holding Company will change name thus deeming the FFP rule against the previous one. ie FFP is against Recon Football Limited so if this peter freund took over the holding company would be Trinity Sport Holdings thus wiping the slate clean.

If that is the case then why is the final year in the Prem against us in the current FFP when Lerner owned the club that season?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, avstu said:

If that is the case then why is the final year in the Prem against us in the current FFP when Lerner owned the club that season?

Again i'm by no means an accountant but i think its to do with when companies change registration, maybe there was some naivety to get they buy from Xia thinking that villa would gain promotion? I remember when he first came that he said it was a 2 year plan, maybe that was part of it?

HEITS

UTV!!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...