Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Topics gone because of server change,  anyway I don't know if Steve is on holiday or what but he needs to come out and let us know if he wants to carry on or what. If he wants to stay we have to back him. Personally I still think he will leave the club by mutual consent in the next week or so.  But we need to know  . The last thing we want is another scenario like Martin o Neil walking out just before the season starts , something we have never recovered from. 

Having read all of Dr.Xia's statement this morning I am a bit bemused as to what he is trying to tell us. Will he be sacking Steve Bruce or keeping him on.(I feel it was a typical businessman's statement ). We need stability over the next couple of months for the start of the 2018/19 season.I Know for a fact some of thebackroom staff could be moving on .There are some difficult teams joining us in the Championship next season with some changing managers. We beat the best in the league but struggled against some mingers !                                                               I agree about what was said concerning Martin O'Neill,how did we go from finishing 6th in the Prem to 9th & 4th in the Championship ?

• Looks like he intends to carry on according to his son

02/06/2018 : Repost as original lost due to server change. We know that John Terry has left AVFC, but my overall opinion as expressed below remains unchanged.

27/05/2018 : The most important thing to have at Aston Villa is stability. On that basis I would want to see no changes and no departures of key personnel at the Club. That covers the Management team and key players, especially John Terry, Jack Grealish and Robert Snodgrass.
Aston Villa is a bigger club than most in the EPL and as such offers a more sustainable long term future for its personnel. We just need to get back there, but this will not happen if there is turmoil at the Club due to reorganisation of players and/or management following the disappointment at Wembley yesterday.

Seems to me most fans want a change . The first half at Wembley was typical Steve Bruce , sit back,  soak pressure and concede. And so was the second,  throw the kitchen sink on when it's too late with no midfield.  I still think he'll walk by mutual consent but it needs to be done soon or we will have a Martin o Neil situation , no manager just before the season starts.  If we  start the season with him as manager we will back him of course but he needs to get off to a flying start with a weakened side compared to the one that finished fourth. If  we don't get the flying start the whole of the Villa fanbase will quickly turn against him and we will have a Roberto de Matteo situation where we are looking for a new manager in September /October. 

Unfortunately , I agree he should go ,now . But if he stays he gets my full backing

13 minutes ago, Rawly1966 said:

Unfortunately , I agree he should go ,now . But if he stays he gets my full backing

think he'll walk regardless, can you imagine next season, no money, no decent players and lose the 1st 4 games. It'll be toxic at VP.

win the first four ? Lots of teams with no money and no decent players in this league 

3 minutes ago, Rawly1966 said:

win the first four ? Lots of teams with no money and no decent players in this league 

This is AVFC it gets me how when were winning its steve bruce claret & blue army but any other time its just claret & blue army. So even if we have no decent players all the steve bruce haters will out voice the pro SB ones.