FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Dr Tony's statement.

Patrick

2 hours ago, dorset lion said:

I suspect that all may not be as bleak as we are told, my reasoning been that it seems the club was prepared to offer Terry another season, do clubs so desperate that selling the training ground is talked about offer players £60k a week ?

When did we offer John Terry a new deal on 60 grand a week. Surely if we did he would of signed it and stayed with us another season. As far as I am aware a new deal was  only going to get  triggered if we had won promotion to the Premier League. 

fliegetn0.gif

Take over talk... Anyone think there is anything in it?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

17 minutes ago, avstu said:

Dont know what to think===The Sun even gives a name--"Matt Southall" and goes on to say he is  a fitness tycoon and ex football agent,and that he is fronting a British consortium

,if true and it comes off he should be capable at least of getting the Boyz match fit for another energy sapping Championship campaign--at times last season they seemed dog tired.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

1 hour ago, avstu said:

I think it's a load of rubbish, I don't think Xia would want to jump ship after just two seasons. Think the papers are exaggerating a little, wanting to cause unrest. All that's probably gone is Dr Xia has just said we may have to balance the books a little meaning if we want to buy anybody we'll have to sell first, which is fair enough. Grealish likely to leave anyway and should get a good sum for him and I can imagine some of the budget from that will be Villa's transfer budget for the season.  

I think there's something in it. As Dr Tony xia said in his carefully worded statement. 

"I'm not just an  Aston Villa fan,  I'm also a businessman "

He plans for Aston Villa have come up against 2 major obstacles.  One because of new financial rules in China he is having trouble  getting his money over from China to England,  and secondly FFP.

There is only so much you can pour down a drain before thinking,  what's the point,  I'm loosing money ,getting nowhere and nothing to show for it. 

If only we had beaten Fulham,   so near,  but so so far away. 

fliegetn0.gif

Not aware of chinese financial rules getting money over, but nothing surprises me in football. I personally think it will get worse before it gets better. Shame really as one of the founders of the football league but then again look at preston, bolton etc.

HEITS

UTV!!!!! 

I read this morning before this crap come out that the club is perfect for takeover. No debt and very close to making an operating profit. I wonder if that still stands.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

10 minutes ago, avstu said:

I read this morning before this crap come out that the club is perfect for takeover. No debt and very close to making an operating profit. I wonder if that still stands.

What was the source, Stu?

If 'no debt and close to making an operating profit' was accurately based on AVFC's accounts then the financial claims may be trusted, but if the claims are not based on the accounts then it will just be an assessment (or guess) by the author.

AVFC RFC SAFC

5 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

What was the source, Stu?

If 'no debt and close to making an operating profit' was accurately based on AVFC's accounts then the financial claims may be trusted, but if the claims are not based on the accounts then it will just be an assessment (or guess) by the author.

It was just a passing comment on Twitter about someone who studies football club finances. Will post if i can find it again.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Sounds like he's on his way out. To the next company. But how long will it take our club to recover from his incompetence 

fliegetn0.gif

Archived