Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Dublin Villain

Championship

Just curious, regardless of what happens in the next few weeks has anyone enjoyed playing in this division over the premier league?

I'm not saying I want to stay here but honestly I have found it refreshing to see Villa winning games again. Watching Grealish at his best this season for example has been a joy!

I mentioned it to some of the lads when over but I feel really out of the premier league loop and not that interested in terms of knowing what's really happening and the money going about for bog standard players is crazy, not that it doesn't happen in this division either but Warnock and Cardiff showed you can still assemble a good team shrewdly and without huge resources in this division. 

I've enjoyed seeing Villa at different places though I appreciate the novelty will wear off. 

The only thing that has disappointed me is that we haven't seen players like O'Hare emerge and I think that's a real opportunity missed. 

Yeah I've enjoyed the last 2 years despite mixed results. No guarantee we will be challenging next season if we miss out this time. Obviously financially it's vital we go up. I've seen West Brom fans on twitter today trying to kid themselves that they are glad to be out the Prem. It's their way of coping with the disappointment I guess.  As we all know the Premier League is the place to be. 

I've also enjoyed the last 2 seasons to a,degree . Another one in this league I'm not so sure and for money reasons we can't afford another for,sure .

anyone who says they are glad to be out the premier league as Patrick says ,they are using it as a cover up for the truth .

this league will get boring after 5-6 seasons for sure , 

4 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

Just curious, regardless of what happens in the next few weeks has anyone enjoyed playing in this division over the premier league?

I'm not saying I want to stay here but honestly I have found it refreshing to see Villa winning games again. Watching Grealish at his best this season for example has been a joy!

I mentioned it to some of the lads when over but I feel really out of the premier league loop and not that interested in terms of knowing what's really happening and the money going about for bog standard players is crazy, not that it doesn't happen in this division either but Warnock and Cardiff showed you can still assemble a good team shrewdly and without huge resources in this division. 

I've enjoyed seeing Villa at different places though I appreciate the novelty will wear off. 

The only thing that has disappointed me is that we haven't seen players like O'Hare emerge and I think that's a real opportunity missed. 

Is ohare really that good ? Watched him 5 or 6 times this year ,not really impressed me . But of course I know nothing as I rate whelan and not hogan hahahah 

I’ve enjoyed this league, the sooner the sky 6 f*ck off into some super league the better for me. 

2 hours ago, Rawly1966 said:

Is ohare really that good ? Watched him 5 or 6 times this year ,not really impressed me . But of course I know nothing as I rate whelan and not hogan hahahah 

Not even a criticism of Bruce to be honest, more a mixture of disappointment that more young players haven't stepped up and that we haven't tried to blood one or two more whether here or out on loan. 

Honestly I haven't seen enough to judge if O'Hare is good enough but players like him who are close but not close enough should be loaned out in my opinion. Success with U23 teams and youth teams seems to have very little bearing on players making the grade, certainly at Villa anyway.