Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

A truly fantastic away performance.

I thought Jack Grealish and Alan Hutton were brilliant throughout. Steve Bruce got it tactically spot on. We sat a little too deep in the second half which Bruce has mentioned but we come away with an advantage at Half time.

Still so much more to be done but job well done so far.

ASTON VILLA v MIDDLESBROUGH

VILLA PARK, BIRMINGHAM

TUESDAY 15TH MAY 2018

CHAMPIONSHIP - PLAYOFF SEMI FINALS

Just got in , brilliant performance all round , surely nobody moaning ? Oh yes 1 old goat still is 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Rawly1966 said:

Just got in , brilliant performance all round , surely nobody moaning ? Oh yes 1 old goat still is 

Leave my Mrs out of it please. Just cos I came in  at midnight,  after she waved me off at 7am. What does she expect after 32 years of marriage . Surely she should know  by now.  Wait till I tell her I'm off to London for the weekend in a fortnight.  She can bloody moan then. 

That sets it up nicely for Tuesday, come on Villa you've done the hard bit.

its time them towels were banned---does any other club still use them?   Pulis has a f*****g nerve moaning about Sammy Johnstone when they had throw ins that take double the normal time!!

not impressed with that ref booking Hourihane so early  Howson should have been booked for hacking Jack twice, speaking of Jack neither he nor Snoddy were given much protection ---is it the same officials for Tuesday?

Great away performance. Jack was brilliant not just his attacking play but his defensive work also, shame he did not get the goal after that great solo run. Hutton as i said for years is awesome, LB or RB!. Jedi dominated infront of the CB's, and his header was perfect. Elmo will be a loss as he does have a good understanding with Snoddy. Bree hopefully can come in and do a job. Pulis has to tell his team to come out and attack now which will open up gaps for Grabbs and Snoddy. I would play Grabbs on the left and Kodjia/Hogan up top Tuesday

How sh*t is Traore also, can run and has strength but with NO end product, glad we got rid

21 minutes ago, ak47deol said:

Great away performance. Jack was brilliant not just his attacking play but his defensive work also, shame he did not get the goal after that great solo run. Hutton as i said for years is awesome, LB or RB!. Jedi dominated infront of the CB's, and his header was perfect. Elmo will be a loss as he does have a good understanding with Snoddy. Bree hopefully can come in and do a job. Pulis has to tell his team to come out and attack now which will open up gaps for Grabbs and Snoddy. I would play Grabbs on the left and Kodjia/Hogan up top Tuesday

How sh*t is Traore also, can run and has strength but with NO end product, glad we got rid

Welcome back, stranger.

I wouldn't have Kodjia anywhere near the starting line up personally. I thought when he came on yesterday it would have been for Grabban as I thought Adomah was fantastic defensively and one of the reasons Traore moved to the opposite side. But how wrong could I be? The XI that started yesterday battled as a unit. Kodjia came on and seemed all about himself.

Id go with the same XI if possible and maybe even introduce Davis late on should we need to just to try and hold the ball up.

thought Albert and Elmo/Hutton did a good job on Traore, Snoddy and Albert came back and helped both full backs throughout-- personally i,d have left Albert on, Kodj did,nt do much apart from give free kicks away, but again there was an enormous gap to any Villa player,

team and sub selection will be crucial tuesday----Brucey did well and i dont envy him ---i imagine a lot will depend on Elmo and J.T. being available,shame they all cant be fitted in  i do feel a bit for Davis and Henri,

half the job done ---lets finish it Boyzz on Tuesday 

VTID---