Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Patrick

U23s Premier League Cup Final

Tonight ,  Swansea v Aston Villa live on Swanseas you tube channel , kick off is at 7pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/SWANSPLAYER/featured

or   Swanseas website   https://www.swanseacity.com/

Aston Villa U23s take on Swansea City U23s in the Premier League Cup Final at the Liberty Stadium on Friday night.

The Young Lions have been the entertainers of this season's competition, scoring more goals than any other team to breeze through the group stages, before beating PL2 champions Blackburn at Villa Park and both Middlesbrough and Leicester City in extra-time.

And now it's only the Swans standing in the way of Villa's next generation and silverware – one of two possible feats this term, alongside Play-Off Final promotion.

The match gets going at 7pm 

Route to the final

Kevin MacDonald's side won five out of six in the group stage in the early part of the season, finishing top of the pile in a pool containing West Brom, Sheffield United and Ipswich Town.

Blackburn Rovers then came to Villa Park in March, losing 2-0 after Kelsey Mooney and Callum O'Hare goals.

In the quarter-finals, it was Middlesbrough away. The hosts went ahead through an early penalty, but Rushian Hepburn-Murphy forced an equaliser with the last kick of the game in the 95th minute.

The forward was then on hand again in the additional half an hour, heading home to send us to the semi-finals.

Then, last Friday, we faced a quality Leicester City outfit – who almost won Premier League 2 Division 1, the league Villa are vying to get into next term.

More drama ensued at the King Power Stadium as Hepburn-Murphy again struck twice in extra-time, putting the Young Lions through to tonight's final.

'To win would be amazing'

I'm a bit confused , i thought they played reading in the semi but on this link from the official avfc site it says they beat leeds in the semi

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/05/04/u23s-get-set-for-premier-league-cup-final

Watching now. I watched the game the other night. Grew into the game especially in the second half. I thought Green upset the rhythm of the team and they looked better once he went off.

3 minutes ago, avstu said:

Watching now. I watched the game the other night. Grew into the game especially in the second half. I thought Green upset the rhythm of the team and they looked better once he went off.

how was hepburn murphys goal

Just now, Patrick said:

how was hepburn murphys goal

Quality. He changed the game to be fair.

6 months ago I was questioning what all the fuss was about with regards to him but he has shown he has the strength for a small lad and knows where the net is.

8 minutes ago, avstu said:

Quality. He changed the game to be fair.

6 months ago I was questioning what all the fuss was about with regards to him but he has shown he has the strength for a small lad and knows where the net is.

yes , i was thinking that , 

If the worst comes to the worse and we don't go up o hare and hepburn murphy will be the future of this club , plus a few others playing tonight at swansea

12 minutes ago, Patrick said:

yes , i was thinking that , 

If the worst comes to the worse and we don't go up o hare and hepburn murphy will be the future of this club , plus a few others playing tonight at swansea

I am still yet to see the best of O'Hare personally.

Looks very lightweight for me which probably explains why he hasn't been given more of a chance in the first team.

Half time nil nil

Cory Taylor with a run reminiscent of that Dalian Atkinson goal at Wimbledon