Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Matchday Programmes

The EFL are debating scrapping programmes on a matchday.

Does anyone still buy them and how do you feel towards this situation?

I stopped buying them years ago. Probably when they stopped putting little vouchers on the back page that would be used for cup final tickets before booking history was invented. 

don't buy them anymore but would hate to see them go as its kinda  part of tradition.

a programme is part of match-day,has been since time immemorial-  but i guess nothing lasts forever,

i used to buy one religiously every home game and must have hundreds at home--but must confess now, only buy one when i fancy one,

but i always get a programme at away games---and usually read it through on the usual long journey home--and they give a good insight into the home team,

I buy one if I've driven up just for the game, if the match is part of one of my weekends in Brum I don't bother as I can't be arsed traipsing around pubs the rest of the night with it in my pocket.

Be a shame to see another match day tradition bite the dust.

Have got absolutely loads from a variety of clubs and matches, I have the programme from the 2002 champions league final for example even though I wasn’t there. Don’t buy them anymore as I feel they’re too expensive and they’re practically like small books so take up too much room. I’d probably only buy one if we got to a final or maybe once we’re back in Europe. Maybe they should do what some teams abroad do, condense them down and make them free.