Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Millwall 1-0 Aston Villa

MILLWALL v ASTON VILLA

THE DEN, LONDON

SUNDAY 6TH MAY 2018

CHAMPIONSHIP

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Do we rest a few or go out to win so we are in a good state of mind going into the playoffs?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Do we rest a few or go out to win so we are in a good state of mind going into the playoffs?

6 days after this match we have 2 extremely  important matches in 3 days against Middlesborough

So to prevent injury and to give rest I would drop these players for the Millwall match. 

Alan Hutton,  John Terry  , James Chester,  Jack Grealish and Lewis Grabban ,

I'd rest  Sam Johnstone too as he is vulnerable to an attack from a pitch invader. 

fliegetn0.gif

definately rest Jack Chester J.T. Grabban ---- and i like Pats comment about Johnstone,apparently they always invade the pitch last game as a tradition? so anything is possible especially with Villa already in the play-offs,--better be safe than sorry,--especially with 2 play off games just around the corner,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

1 hour ago, freddy said:

definately rest Jack Chester J.T. Grabban ---- and i like Pats comment about Johnstone,apparently they always invade the pitch last game as a tradition? so anything is possible especially with Villa already in the play-offs,--better be safe than sorry,--especially with 2 play off games just around the corner,

Yes Fred   , when they angrily invade the pitch after missing out on the play offs  Johnstone will be a target because of the ball hitting a kid in the face incident at Villa Park. I'm sure Bruce will rest him. 

fliegetn0.gif

I'd rest as many as I thought I could get away with resting without getting into trouble with the FA, priority been players we can't replace and I think Pat's suggestions pretty much covered that with the addition maybe of Snodgrass and Adomah.

Normally I would go with keeping momentum and not changing things  much but in this case and after a long season when we are able to make a few changes we really should and we have looked tired at times this season.

Would like to see O'Hare and Davis involved.

As for the pitch invasion I trust our grizzly old veterans like Pat, Corny and B6 to sort it out and protect Johnstone:10_wink:

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

I would rest as many as possible, but especially Grealish and Adomah

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

EFL1 (Championship), Sunday 06/05/2018 : Millwall v Aston Villa, KO 12:30 hours.

Prediction, made on 04/05/2018 (today) : Millwall 1-2 Aston Villa

AVFC RFC SAFC

Read a few different things saying we can only rest up to 4 players but then something else says 10.

Mellberg_Signature.png