Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  

MILLWALL v ASTON VILLA

THE DEN, LONDON

SUNDAY 6TH MAY 2018

CHAMPIONSHIP

Do we rest a few or go out to win so we are in a good state of mind going into the playoffs?

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Do we rest a few or go out to win so we are in a good state of mind going into the playoffs?

6 days after this match we have 2 extremely  important matches in 3 days against Middlesborough

So to prevent injury and to give rest I would drop these players for the Millwall match. 

Alan Hutton,  John Terry  , James Chester,  Jack Grealish and Lewis Grabban ,

I'd rest  Sam Johnstone too as he is vulnerable to an attack from a pitch invader. 

definately rest Jack Chester J.T. Grabban ---- and i like Pats comment about Johnstone,apparently they always invade the pitch last game as a tradition? so anything is possible especially with Villa already in the play-offs,--better be safe than sorry,--especially with 2 play off games just around the corner,

1 hour ago, freddy said:

definately rest Jack Chester J.T. Grabban ---- and i like Pats comment about Johnstone,apparently they always invade the pitch last game as a tradition? so anything is possible especially with Villa already in the play-offs,--better be safe than sorry,--especially with 2 play off games just around the corner,

Yes Fred   , when they angrily invade the pitch after missing out on the play offs  Johnstone will be a target because of the ball hitting a kid in the face incident at Villa Park. I'm sure Bruce will rest him. 

I'd rest as many as I thought I could get away with resting without getting into trouble with the FA, priority been players we can't replace and I think Pat's suggestions pretty much covered that with the addition maybe of Snodgrass and Adomah.

Normally I would go with keeping momentum and not changing things  much but in this case and after a long season when we are able to make a few changes we really should and we have looked tired at times this season.

Would like to see O'Hare and Davis involved.

As for the pitch invasion I trust our grizzly old veterans like Pat, Corny and B6 to sort it out and protect Johnstone:10_wink:

I would rest as many as possible, but especially Grealish and Adomah

EFL1 (Championship), Sunday 06/05/2018 : Millwall v Aston Villa, KO 12:30 hours.

Prediction, made on 04/05/2018 (today) : Millwall 1-2 Aston Villa

Read a few different things saying we can only rest up to 4 players but then something else says 10.