Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Summer Changes

18 hours ago, B6! said:

When’s the change over Stu ?

Hosting is in the process as we speak while I am still looking into the forum swap over. It is not as easy as I would have liked.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

The server has now been swapped over and everything looks to be working fine.

Any issues, then please let me know.

A forum posts may have been lost from this week.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

01/06/2018 : Have this here too (from the Scottish Football thread) :

1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

01/06/2018 : I have been able to retrieve my posts from my notepad, Stu.

It looks like all posts from May 14th onwards have been lost. When I returned to the Site today it said I had a new notification ... it was your reply to my post of May 13th regarding the second leg of the Play-Off Semi-Final.

Edited by Larry-AV
Date.

5 hours ago, avstu said:

Without doing a full back up and moving over again which could take days it isn’t possible to bring it back up to date as much as we would like.

sadly. 

02/06/2018 : No problems as far as I am concerned, Stu. I was a bit surprised to have that 'new' (from May 13th) notification from you yesterday, but it alerted me to the missing posts (and your missing match thread). I was able to re-instate my posts, including a replacement thread for the Fulham match (for the record), from the source data in my notepad.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

05/06/2013 : I started a new session in Firefox and came here at 21:03 hours to see I had a new notification. When I went to it I found it was my post of May 6 showing the final Prediction League table !

I cannot remember who the notification was from.

30 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

05/06/2013 : I started a new session in Firefox and came here at 21:03 hours to see I had a new notification. When I went to it I found it was my post of May 6 showing the final Prediction League table !

I cannot remember who the notification was from.

FFP 40 million to find,  HMRC winding up , insolvency, administration and now Larry doesn't know who his notifications were  from on May 6 . This day goes from bad to worse. 

07/07/2018 : Stu, this might be linked to the User-ID verification I have mentioned.

There is a problem with the Post Preview facility, namely that it does not always work. Sometimes it does but on other occasions all it shows is a blank frame, with the post itself surrounded by a shadow. This shadow effect also occurred when that 'Captcha' process operated. It has happened with this post too !!!

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

23/07/2018 : Stu, Further to my post above, I have made two posts today. The first was a reply to your latest post in 'Grealish to go' and the second was in the Scottish Football thread.

With the first post the Preview did not work, it just showed a blank pop-up, but Preview did work properly with my second post.

Preview has worked properly with this post too.

1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

23/07/2018 : Stu, Further to my post above, I have made two posts today. The first was a reply to your latest post in 'Grealish to go' and the second was in the Scottish Football thread.

With the first post the Preview did not work, it just showed a blank pop-up, but Preview did work properly with my second post.

Preview has worked properly with this post too.

Still undecided what I am doing with the forum. This software is better but costs money.

Will make a decision one way or another this weekend.

Mellberg_Signature.png