Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Summer Changes

During the summer a decision has been made to cut down costs of the website. The forum is nowhere near as active as it once was but we don't want to close it completely as there are still plenty of you who use it on a daily basis.

So a decision has been made to move away from Invision software and to a free forum software which will reduce costs.

This means that I will be doing NO MORE upgrades/updates to this forum software. 

The new software is one I have experience in the past and is the biggest free forum software on the market so it should still be good.

During the summer months are usually when the forum slows down even more so any ideas to keep it active would be great. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

if or when we get back into the premier league, im sure this site will pick up again, hope so anyway, man, we used to have so much fun on here, what happened to loyal villain? he used to be one of the guys at the forfront of this place, 

On 4/15/2018 at 1:01 PM, avstu said:

The new software is one I have experience in the past and is the biggest free forum software on the market so it should still be good.

What software is it, Stu ?

AVFC RFC SAFC

15 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

What software is it, Stu ?

phpBB mate.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

23 minutes ago, avstu said:

phpBB mate.

Cheers Stu, I have encountered MyBB before, I hope we do not have any of these !!!

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
    1105 - (proxy) all backends are down
Query:
    [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

MyBB SQL Error
SQL Error:
    1021 - Disk full (/dev/shm/#sql_61e8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")
Query:
    SHOW COLUMNS FROM fwmj_users LIKE 'unreadpms'

AVFC RFC SAFC

2 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

Cheers Stu, I have encountered MyBB before, I hope we do not have any of these !!!

MyBB SQL Error
SQL Error:
    1105 - (proxy) all backends are down
Query:
    [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

MyBB SQL Error
SQL Error:
    1021 - Disk full (/dev/shm/#sql_61e8_1.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")
Query:
    SHOW COLUMNS FROM fwmj_users LIKE 'unreadpms'

MyBB and phpbB are two different softwares and nothing is 100% yet at the moment.

Mellberg_Signature.png

1 minute ago, avstu said:

MyBB and phpbB are two different softwares and nothing is 100% yet at the moment.

Thanks for the info, Stu. thumbsup.png

Bullet dodged !

AVFC RFC SAFC

2 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

Thanks for the info, Stu. thumbsup.png

Bullet dodged !

Haha. We just need to try and get people off social media and back onto here now.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Aye we used to have a good many guys n gals on here all with one common interest AVFC,  where are they now?  get your fingers  back on this site dudes---its the best AVFC forum going----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 4/17/2018 at 8:08 PM, freddy said:

Aye we used to have a good many guys n gals on here all with one common interest AVFC,  where are they now?  get your fingers  back on this site dudes---its the best AVFC forum going----

Social media is the problem i think amongst other things. 

Mellberg_Signature.png