Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

ASTON VILLA v CARDIFF CITY

VILLA PARK, BIRMINGHAM

TUESDAY 10TH APRIL 2018

CHAMPIONSHIP

Tne car is still off the road --so if anyone is passing through Exhall/Bedworth , and could give me a lift it would be appreciated,

Your car might be a blessing in disguise, Freddy !

EFL1 (Championship), Tuesday 10/04/2018 : Aston Villa v Cardiff City, KO 19:45 hours, SKY.

08/04/2018 : This match against Cardiff should have been AVFC's opportunity to reduce the points gap to just 1, but, due to the inept tactics applied against Hull and Norwich, the 7 point gap remained. A repeat of those inept tactics on Tuesday will probably see the gap extend to 10 points. My prediction below is based on hope over experience.

Prediction, made today : Aston Villa 2-1 Cardiff City

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

5 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

You car might be a blessing in disguise, Freddy !

was thinking the same thing Larry lol great minds man  great minds,

if we had won at Norwich or MORE importantly broke into a sweat and actually looked like we wanted to win then i would seriously have considered going and leaving at 9 .10 to get back to Coventry by train and then dolling out £25 taxi home provided a taxi will cross the border into Bedworth some wont ---BUT they aint bothered so i,m inclined to think why should i put myself out so much especially when Cardiff will only probably repeat the thrashing earlier in the season,!!!

It is disappointing that we should be thinking like that, Freddy.

I have just looked back in my notepad and AVFC got to 2nd place after beating the Dummies in what would be the last of the 7 game winning run. We did pick up again but since the win against Wolves, AVFC's form has been patchy at best, to put it mildly. My main complaint is not so much the the results, but the boring, defensive tactics ... which in turn lead to the downturn in results.

Feb    11    SUN    H    31    Birmingham   2-0 W  2nd
Feb    17    SAT    A    32    Fulham       0-2 L  3rd
Feb    20    Tue    H    33    Preston N E  1-1 D  3rd
Feb    24    SAT    A    34    Sheff Wed    4-2 W  3rd
Mar    06    Tue    A    35    Sunderland   3-0 W  3rd
Mar    10    SAT    H    36    Wolvrhmptn W 4-1 W  3rd
Mar    13    Tue    H    37    Q P Rangers  1-3 L  3rd
Mar    17    SAT    A    38    Bolton Wndrs 0-1 L  4th
Mar    31    SAT    A    39    Hull City    0-0 D  4th
Apr    03    Tue    H    40    Reading      3-0 W  4th
Apr    07    SAT    A    41    Norwich C    1-3 L  4th
Apr    10    Tue    H    42    Cardiff      Pending

After watching Cardiff friday night i fancy them to win this 2 or 3 nil

1 hour ago, rogerstan said:

dont think there is a fancy about it pat, im sure your right, 

Wouldnt surprise me if we won it comfortably how bad we have been recently.

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Wouldnt surprise me if we won it comfortably how bad we have been recently.

wish i could agree Stu-----but unless there are widespread changes  in tactics and personnel i just cant see it!!

the ploy of booming balls up and across to Hogan will just be meat and gravy to their giants at the back  Morrison and Bamba,  he might be able to run between their legs but thats about all----the midfield is fast and hard tackling led by Gunnarrson is it ?  and his throw ins will cause us problems,  Hoillett and the other lad i forget his name are sharp  and Madine has,nt opened his account for them yet!!!.

please please brucey make changes --change your tactics, and please dont throw striker after striker on, it reeks of desperation --they get in each others way none have scored sine this tactic was introduced--and it leaves no midfield !!!!!

1 hour ago, avstu said:

21 hours ago, freddy said:

Tne car is still off the road --so if anyone is passing through Exhall/Bedworth , and could give me a lift it would be appreciated,

I could pick you up Friday fred from exhall/Bedworth at about 2pm ,  But i'll have to go home then to drop my car off , then meeting mates in the pub at 3 , you can come , then we are going the aston social about 5 , you could go holte suite then to meet your friends. Only problem is man you will have to make your own way home ,,,,,,,,just checked , there is a train from B'ham new St to Nuneaton station at 22.22 , better than getting a train to Cov , taxi from nuneaton station will be cheaper.