Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

ASTON VILLA v READING

VILLA PARK, BIRMINGHAM

TUESDAY 3RD APRIL 2018

CHAMPIONSHIP

01/04/2018 : I have amended the thread title from 'Reading v Aston Villa' to what it actually will be,

Aston Villa v Reading.

Stu's spaghetti tree, like all April Fool jokes, has served its time ! biggrin.png

EFL1 (Championship), Tuesday 03/04/2018 : Aston Villa v Reading, KO 19:45 hours.

02/04/2018 : This is the return fixture for the 3rd match of this Season, which was a 1-2 defeat that dumped AVFC to the bottom of the table. We then had our longest unbeaten run, 8 games (W 5, D 3), before losing at Wolves. We now need AVFC to repeat its second longest unbeaten run, the seven consecutive wins, to get as high in the table as possible.

Prediction, made today : Aston Villa 2-1 Reading

This is the championship 

Big changes need to be made for me.

I would personally return to Hogan up top with Grealish off him. Hourihane who I still regard as our legs in midfield alongside Bjarnason.

3 hours ago, avstu said:

I would personally return to Hogan up top with Grealish off him. Hourihane who I still regard as our legs in midfield alongside Bjarnason.

Yeah I would agree with all  that,  for some reason the manager has  got  grealish playing  deeper in midfield   lately. , instead of the attacking midfileld role he enjoyed during our winning run.  Hogan was scoring for fun then. He may not be the best finisher  in the world but given good service he will score , what I do like about him is his closing down,  chasing everything and not giving up.  Although kodja has scored a lot of good goals for us in the past , I've never been a big fan . I find him lazy,  greedy,  and too quick to go down,  rolling on the floor at the slightest thing. I do like  Bjarnarson and hourihane however  ,  but I find them both inconsistent. If it was up to me I would  have Callum  o Hare in midfield,  but I also realise that will never happen while Bruce is our manager. 

2 hours ago, avstu said:

Would go with that----Hogan hastles and chases and seems to do well when Jack plays---but he needs help,Hourihanes left leg and free kicks are important and so is Birkir,s energy,======Grabban dont seem so hot---maybe the new club syndrome has begun to fade,===reckon i,d recall Elmo too,

16 hours ago, Patrick said:

Yeah I would agree with all  that,  for some reason the manager has  got  grealish playing  deeper in midfield   lately. , instead of the attacking midfileld role he enjoyed during our winning run.  Hogan was scoring for fun then. He may not be the best finisher  in the world but given good service he will score , what I do like about him is his closing down,  chasing everything and not giving up.  Although kodja has scored a lot of good goals for us in the past , I've never been a big fan . I find him lazy,  greedy,  and too quick to go down,  rolling on the floor at the slightest thing. I do like  Bjarnarson and hourihane however  ,  but I find them both inconsistent. If it was up to me I would  have Callum  o Hare in midfield,  but I also realise that will never happen while Bruce is our manager. 

I would agree with the Kodjia comments and the same goes for Grabban.

People say Hourihane is inconsistent because he doesn't always stand out but he is still the legs. Even when you don't notice him as much, he still tends to get everywhere.

15 hours ago, freddy said:

Would go with that----Hogan hastles and chases and seems to do well when Jack plays---but he needs help,Hourihanes left leg and free kicks are important and so is Birkir,s energy,======Grabban dont seem so hot---maybe the new club syndrome has begun to fade,===reckon i,d recall Elmo too,

Not a big fan of Elmo personally. I think he is awful defensively and looks to hoof the ball at every opportunity.