Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
freddy

Reading

Can anyone help with a lift from the Bedworth Exhall area to and from the game on Tuesday,?----my car got damaged in a police sting operation,and wont be roadworthy for a while! the Easter "shutdown " does,nt help--- i havent missed a home league game all blinking season and was hoping for a 100% return,

any help would be gratefully appreciated-----and will willingly chip in towards fuel costs.

Surely there must be someone. If I wasn't working Fred  I would of drove to Nuneaton myself  to pick you up. 

I was just looking at trains,  it's £11 return to New St from Nuneaton  only takes half an hour, then it's about £3 return  New St to Aston station. Trouble is,  last train back to Nuneaton from New St  is 20 past ten. So you would have to leave the match early to avoid the Aston train station  queues. Plus you have to get home from Nuneaton station then. So not sure if that's a good idea. Wouldn't like to see you stranded in Brum overnight 

^^^^^ Blimey !  no idea how that happened --many thanks Larry --i kept getting an error message--something like--" entry needed in field"--will need to be more wary next time---thanks again Larry,

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

Surely there must be someone. If I wasn't working Fred  I would of drove to Nuneaton myself  to pick you up. 

I was just looking at trains,  it's £11 return to New St from Nuneaton  only takes half an hour, then it's about £3 return  New St to Aston station. Trouble is,  last train back to Nuneaton from New St  is 20 past ten. So you would have to leave the match early to avoid the Aston train station  queues. Plus you have to get home from Nuneaton station then. So not sure if that's a good idea. Wouldn't like to see you stranded in Brum overnight 

Ahh cheers Pat lad- and many thanks for

looking at trains--if it was a 3 o clock kick off trains would,nt be a problem--the hastle being last bus home from Nuneaton is about 10.20 and roughly the same from Coventry  with taxi,s costing anything thing between £15---£25 -----and bus fares about £5,  so it works out to be pretty well inpractical by train for a night game----many many years ago Lloyds ran a bus service from Nuneaton bus station---would be great if that was still operative,

Sorry, Fred, I work in Cannock and barely make it home and to Villa Park for night time games as it is.

Sorry mate! Do you now have a supporters club that way?

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Sorry, Fred, I work in Cannock and barely make it home and to Villa Park for night time games as it is.

Sorry mate! Do you now have a supporters club that way?

Cheers Stu--not that i,m aware of the nearest one i believe is from Leamington and their route does,nt cover this neck of the woods,

The trains from aston leave at 9:32 and 10:02, against qpr I left early, made the first one and got home much earlier than usual. You’d be in new street about 9:40ish if you were to leave a little early and make the 9:32. Maybe you could rent or borrow a car if you’re really desperate?

1 hour ago, chickenbaltipie said:

The trains from aston leave at 9:32 and 10:02, against qpr I left early, made the first one and got home much earlier than usual. You’d be in new street about 9:40ish if you were to leave a little early and make the 9:32. Maybe you could rent or borrow a car if you’re really desperate?

Thanks for the times man the 9.32 is an idea apart from a £20+ taxi fare home from nuneaton station  and might well have been tempted if we were still in contention for the coveted 2nd spot have to admit that the last 3 tepid soulless dusapointing performances dont really inspire me to do so though.

Tbh I really hate these midweek championship games especially when they seem to mean sod all. I’m away this weekend and had no problem selling my seat on Seatwave, I think even if I were at home I’d have sold it.

Try and sell your seat while you can, price it right and there’s always someone who wants a cheap ticket.