FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Villa Park plans

avstu

"Is it vital we do it? Absolutely. To maintain it to a high standard is what everyone wants and it’s becoming increasingly difficult."

Ian Dimmock makes no secret as to why he loves working at Aston Villa Football Club.

Along with simple enhancements, he’s planning, our Operations Director is also driving big change in B6 – and he finds it immensely fulfilling, insisting: “I really enjoy the fact that I can help shape the future of Aston Villa – that is a phenomenal feeling.”  

His No.1 current project is the installation this summer of a new pitch at the stadium – given sign-off this week from the Board of Directors, headed up by owner Dr Tony Xia.

The current pitch was last constructed in 2006 and was not a complete rebuild, which left certain issues below the surface as time progressed - the main issue is the drainage system, which was installed back in 1968. 

The work will also see a change in the surface camber and a new drainage and irrigation system.

Read in full

Real interesting read and sounds like some decent plans are in the pipeline..

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I would imagine any plans to redevelop the North stand and fill in  the corners are on hold  until we get back to the premier league.  If we ever do. 

fliegetn0.gif

21 hours ago, Patrick said:

I would imagine any plans to redevelop the North stand and fill in  the corners are on hold  until we get back to the premier league.  If we ever do. 

Of course. The future of our football club is in the hands of Steve Bruce.

A few standout parts from the interview:

• The installation this summer of a new pitch at the stadium – given sign-off this week from the Board of Directors, headed up by owner Dr Tony Xia. This also includes a new drainage system that enables more water on the pitch. League position dictates whether it will be done over 10 or 15 weeks.
  • Working with network providers to improve Wi-fi in the stadium. Only Vodafone benefit from the wifi at the moment but o2, EE and 3 all plan to install their software this summer. (Unsure why this is a big issue for so many if I am being honest)
  • Digital signs at Kiosks. Fans will be able to see what stock each kiosk has so they don't queue up and get turned away.
  • Separate Children's areas. This will enable kids to interact with each other but also eat/drink away from the hustle and bustle around the concourse.
  • Although Bodymoor Heath is state of the heart - there is much movement and room for improvement on the technology side of the site.One thing that has been added is pitchside cameras enabling coaches to analyse player performance on the training pitches.
  • First Team dining room has been remodelled adding state of the art technology.
  • He wants Villa back on the 'world tour' when it comes to music stadium gigs. 'Three-week' window would allow for multiple gigs in that time period of the summer without affecting the pitch for the new season.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Cheers for posting stu---interesting read,  i saw Bruce Springsteen way way back in 1988 from The Holte End---an incredible experience and have been waiting for a second-"coming "ever since,----dont recall man other big name artists peforming at Villa Park other than Barry White Bon Jovi and Take That,--and certainly none recently.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

2 hours ago, avstu said:

Of course. The future of our football club is in the hands of Steve Bruce.

A few standout parts from the interview:

• The installation this summer of a new pitch at the stadium – given sign-off this week from the Board of Directors, headed up by owner Dr Tony Xia. This also includes a new drainage system that enables more water on the pitch. League position dictates whether it will be done over 10 or 15 weeks.
  • Working with network providers to improve Wi-fi in the stadium. Only Vodafone benefit from the wifi at the moment but o2, EE and 3 all plan to install their software this summer. (Unsure why this is a big issue for so many if I am being honest)
  • Digital signs at Kiosks. Fans will be able to see what stock each kiosk has so they don't queue up and get turned away.
  • Separate Children's areas. This will enable kids to interact with each other but also eat/drink away from the hustle and bustle around the concourse.
  • Although Bodymoor Heath is state of the heart - there is much movement and room for improvement on the technology side of the site.One thing that has been added is pitchside cameras enabling coaches to analyse player performance on the training pitches.
  • First Team dining room has been remodelled adding state of the art technology.
  • He wants Villa back on the 'world tour' when it comes to music stadium gigs. 'Three-week' window would allow for multiple gigs in that time period of the summer without affecting the pitch for the new season.

yes the pitch needs sorting out , but i would of thought getting promotion is more important than wi fi , how many pies are left at half time  , places for kids to eat and pop stars peforming at villa park

fliegetn0.gif

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

yes the pitch needs sorting out , but i would of thought getting promotion is more important than wi fi , how many pies are left at half time  , places for kids to eat and pop stars peforming at villa park

If we are being honest - the board could not have done much more than they have for us to gain promotion.

They have helped us build a strong enough squad to get out of this division while also sorting out the mess that we were in financially.

Hence my point about the clubs future being in the hands of Steve Bruce. Everything he has asked for he has got within reason.

There can't be any excuses should he fail this season.

Mellberg_Signature.png

1 minute ago, avstu said:

If we are being honest - the board could not have done much more than they have for us to gain promotion.

They have helped us build a strong enough squad to get out of this division while also sorting out the mess that we were in financially.

Hence my point about the clubs future being in the hands of Steve Bruce. Everything he has asked for he has got within reason.

There can't be any excuses should he fail this season.

True Stu

fliegetn0.gif

Archived