FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Bruce: What we need

avstu

Steve Bruce believes we must now win six of our final eight Sky Bet Championship games to be in with a chance of automatic promotion.

The claret and blues' hopes were dented last week after back-to-back defeats at the hands of QPR and Bolton, but the gap to second-placed Cardiff City remains seven points after their weekend fixture against Derby County was postponed.

And Bruce is now targeting at least six wins, with Cardiff one of those eight remaining opponents Villa have left to play.

He said: "We are capable of a winning run. We have just done it. We are probably going to need to win six of our last eight but it is possible. We can’t give up. 

"I am just disappointed that we had given ourselves a wonderful opportunity and our last two performances, in particular, have not been up to standard.

Does anyone think that 6 out of 8 wins will be enough?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

i dont think it will be enough, and i also dont think we can win 6 out of 8 games under this clown, i know we beat wolves, but come on, they were not playing to their best, i would think that because bruce has made that many changes in the last couple of games, he has forgotten what side we had when we did beat them, his tactics are to varied, and weak, and his selection is even worse, their is no point in me or anybody saying who he should play because we all know he wont play the side that any of us would pick,  i think in all honesty, god help us in the play offs against a good side. 

lets see who we got::  Home ::: Reading  possibly,   Cardff--no   Leeds--no,  Derby--no

Away:::: Norwich  --no, Hull  possibly,  Ipswich  possibly.    Millwall --no

Sorry but after the last 2 shocking performances  lack of desire,grit,commitment and passion, coupled with team selection tactics and substitution i can,t see 6 wins,  and if we continue to loose then i am doubtful of a top 6 spot-Millwall Preston and blinking Bristol are fast making ground!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

6 out of 8, not a hope in hell !!

Reason: SB will get the jitters and play cautious, trying to nick a win like he usually does and stay in the play off places.  Which in turn means we'll probably get turned over late on.

If we win our last 8 we have a chance, if we drop anymore points we are relying on Cardiff dropping a lot of points and that's before you consider Fulham.

Can we win 8 in a row ? We've put similar runs together this past couple of years....if the Aston Villa that trounced Wolves turns up 8 times we may well do it, if the Aston Villa we've seen since Wolves turns up we'll be lucky to be in the play offs which is pretty much where I'm resigned to us ending up.

Hopefully after  the international break the players will come back refreshed. They put so much into the wolves match some were visibly shattered against Qpr,  Jack particularly. Yes pros shouldn't be but it happens.  Bolton coped well in the snow,  we didn't,  saying that we struggled against them at Villa Park and they have improved since then. Looking at the 8 remaining fixtures and if we get Alan Hutton back I can see us winning 5 of them. Draws against Cardiff and derby and loosing to Millwall. Should be enough for third place. 

fliegetn0.gif

I think we have enough about us to secure the play offs but not a chance of automatic. I'm so disappointed with how we've fallen apart since Wolves, much of it self inflicted through poor selection and tactics.

This team is nearly there but not quite in the same league as some of those around us like Wolves or Fulham and  ultimately I don't think we will be good enough to go straight up.

I'd fear for us up against a Fulham or even once of the in form teams like Preston in the play offs. They would be positive and take the game to us where we would no doubt set up negatively with little ambition to win the games.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Archived