FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Remaining home fixtures

avstu

Has anyone seen the state of our remaining home fixtures?

At the moment  4 of our 5 home games are played on a weeknight.

QPR (Tuesday - tonight)

Reading (Tuesday)

Cardiff (Tuesday)

Leeds (Friday)

Derby (Saturday *but expected to be moved for TV)

While 4/5 away games are on a Saturday. I hate weeknight games and would love to know who arranged this.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Stu, I log our games at the start of the Season, here it was as at 31/07/2017. I also have a page to log moved games, which the table below is from. The evening games were set at the start of the Season, only QPR was switched from Saturday, as we know, due to the weather. As for who to blame for switching the KO times, just one word : SKY !!!

Current Dates                                 Original Dates
Mar    13    Tue    H    37    Q P Rangers    Mar    03    SAT    H
Apr    03    Tue    H    40    Reading        Apr    02    Mon    H
Apr    10    Tue    H    42    Cardiff        Apr    10    Tue    H
Apr    14    SAT    H    43    Leeds Utd      Apr    14    SAT    H
Apr    28    SAT    H    45    Derby County   Apr    28    SAT    H

AVFC RFC SAFC

On 13/03/2018 at 8:08 PM, Larry-AV said:

Stu, I log our games at the start of the Season, here it was at at 31/07/2017. I also have a page to log moved games, which the table below is from. The evening games were set at the start of the Season, only QPR was switched from Saturday, as we know, due to the weather. As for who to blame for switching the KO times, just one word : SKY !!!

Current Dates                                 Original Dates
Mar    13    Tue    H    37    Q P Rangers    Mar    03    SAT    H
Apr    03    Tue    H    40    Reading        Apr    02    Mon    H
Apr    10    Tue    H    42    Cardiff        Apr    10    Tue    H
Apr    14    SAT    H    43    Leeds Utd      Apr    14    SAT    H
Apr    28    SAT    H    45    Derby County   Apr    28    SAT    H

Sky are tricky. We all have and use it but despise so many things about them.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

sky is and has been the downfall of our Saturday afternoon football, I'm cancelling my sky subscription this week, there are so many other things now to replace it, and at a cheaper price and I'm going for it. its a pity lots more didn't do this, then perhaps sky would realise that they may own the tv footballing rights, but they don't own the people,

Sky Sports can be handy sometimes,  , I was tempted to take the 6am coach to Norwich in a few weeks time. But thought sod it,  I'll have a lie in,  get up at lunchtime , have a full English cooked by the Mrs,  sit in my comfy leather armchair,  put my feet on the puffy and watch the match on my 50 inch  wall mounted flat screen LCD telly , then spend the rest of the day in my local. Plus my Mrs keeps saying,,  " why are we paying all this money for sky sports when you still go the matches anyway"  but I watch the Prem matches on Sunday plus my son records and watches a lot of the boxing on there. 

fliegetn0.gif

1 hour ago, rogerstan said:

sky is and has been the downfall of our Saturday afternoon football, I'm cancelling my sky subscription this week, there are so many other things now to replace it, and at a cheaper price and I'm going for it. its a pity lots more didn't do this, then perhaps sky would realise that they may own the tv footballing rights, but they don't own the people,

Are you going to cancel the adult channels too Rodge

fliegetn0.gif

have never been keen on midweek games---from school---work----retired,---and Friday night games yukkk----the Leeds one will be problomatic  as will all home games now (and away ones seeing we go on official travel) with the dam 2 Year roadworks on the M6  beginning this week from junction 2---4 will need to leave home 45 minutes earlier --and Skegness ?  a good 5 hours before kick off----but AVFC is now well and truly in my blood i ts far far too late to stop now--

there,s plenty of warning so i hope Brucey remembers tuesday,s shambles and the age of a fair few of our players---, and  consequently UTILISES the squad with the Leeds game now only 3 days following the Cardiff one,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

You don't use the M6 for skeggy do you Fred  , from nuneaton I'd go A47 . A5 . M69 , M1, A46

and match day if the M6 is playing up you could go A5 Tamworth, then  M42 to Brum 

fliegetn0.gif

2 hours ago, rogerstan said:

yes patrick, but ive recorded quite a few to keep my hand in,

That's a relief for you Rodge 

fliegetn0.gif

Archived