FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Do you want promotion?

avstu

Do I want promotion.  ?

Yes of course, automatic would of been nice,  but because of our wins in January and February we are comfortably in the play offs. And if I could of choosen  a way to get promotion at the beginning of the season it would of been winning the play offs final in front of 40,000 Villa fans at Wembley. But as we all know that is far from guaranteed and we could easily get knocked out in the semis. 

fliegetn0.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Patrick said:

Do I want promotion.  ?

Yes of course, automatic would of been nice,  but because of our wins in January and February we are comfortably in the play offs. And if I could of choosen  a way to get promotion at the beginning of the season it would of been winning the play offs final in front of 40,000 Villa fans at Wembley. But as we all know that is far from guaranteed and we could easily get knocked out in the semis. 

The past week or so we have had the ultimate up and then the downs.

If we don't get promoted I would be gutted and would worry about what the future holds for Aston Villa FC BUT if we are secure financially, then I would take another season in this division where we have a chance in every game we go into.

I would prefer it with a manager that everyone can get behind though.  I don't feel like we have had someone like that since O'Neill.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

21 minutes ago, avstu said:

If we don't get promoted I would be gutted and would worry about what the future holds for Aston Villa FC BUT if we are secure financially, then I would take another season in this division where we have a chance in every game we go into.

I would prefer it with a manager that everyone can get behind though.  I don't feel like we have had someone like that since O'Neill.

I don't think Bruce is a 'bad' manager, just that he hasn't got the tactical knowledge to beat teams when things aren't going to his initial plan.  He hasn't moved with the times like Football has, he proved that against Bolton by playing 4 strikers in a desperate attempt to win while having no midfield to supply them.  And that's from a so called experienced manager........

2 minutes ago, Zeewulf said:

I don't think Bruce is a 'bad' manager, just that he hasn't got the tactical knowledge to beat teams when things aren't going to his initial plan.  He hasn't moved with the times like Football has, he proved that against Bolton by playing 4 strikers in a desperate attempt to win while having no midfield to supply them.  And that's from a so called experienced manager........

Have you just described a bad manager, haven't you? Arsene Wenger isn't a bad manager but like Bruce - he hasn't moved on with the times.

If Fulham doesn't get promoted then I would go all out for their manager or Dean Smith from Brentford.

We need someone who will get the fans right behind them. Fans are together when we are doing well but the second we lost a game we are arguing and fighting amongst each other. Imagine getting promoted and then it is like that every other week? I don't know if I want that from my football club.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Over the past few weeks Steve Bruce has overtaken MON as the Manager with the most points per game. McAllister had the most points per game overall (1.2), but he only had 5 games.

17/03/2018  Pld    W   D   L   F    A   GD  PTS  Pos  Pts 2  P3 pg   P2 pg
Bruce        73   35  16  22   98   73  25  121   17    86   1.6575  1.1781
McAllister    5    2   2   1    6    5   1    8    9     6   1.6000  1.2000
MON         152   61  53  38  220  179  41  236   29   175   1.5526  1.1513

In terms of results, Steve Bruce is getting them, but he is still a work in progress, hence the doubts folks have expressed regarding his tactics and defensive approach to the game. We must remember that MON had (and still has) his critics too.

AVFC RFC SAFC

7 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

Over the past few weeks Steve Bruce has overtaken MON as the Manager with the most points per game. McAllister had the most points per game overall (1.2), but he only had 5 games.

17/03/2018  Pld    W   D   L   F    A   GD  PTS  Pos  Pts 2  P3 pg   P2 pg
Bruce        73   35  16  22   98   73  25  121   17    86   1.6575  1.1781
McAllister    5    2   2   1    6    5   1    8    9     6   1.6000  1.2000
MON         152   61  53  38  220  179  41  236   29   175   1.5526  1.1513

In terms of results, Steve Bruce is getting them, but he is still a work in progress, hence the doubts folks have expressed regarding his tactics and defensive approach to the game. We must remember that MON had (and still has) his critics too.

Come on Larry, Are we really going to compare a manager playing in the Championship with one playing in the Premiership?

Mellberg_Signature.png

Just now, avstu said:

Come on Larry, Are we really going to compare a manager playing in the Championship with one playing in the Premiership?

That is what I meant by 'a work in progress' Stu.

Steve Bruce's first task is to get AVFC promoted. If he does that then we will be comparing like for like with MON in the EPL. So far SB has stopped the decline AVFC has had since MON left and for which SB was in no way responsible for. We are analogous to a householder who has had a series of cowboy builders in. We now have a good builder in but, because of the bad experiences we have had, we are impatient for the good builder to do the restoration work!

AVFC RFC SAFC

find it hard to believe we stuck all our strike force on --with only Jack, with Henry sticking like glue and 2 more crunchers around him--to supply them!!--did Davis actually touch the ball?  woeful woeful desperado tactics.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

18 minutes ago, freddy said:

find it hard to believe we stuck all our strike force on --with only Jack, with Henry sticking like glue and 2 more crunchers around him--to supply them!!--did Davis actually touch the ball?  woeful woeful desperado tactics.

Things should improve once the plastering is done

fliegetn0.gif

Archived