FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Do you want promotion?

avstu

I have grown up in an age group that has only ever known an Aston Villa in the Premiership until recent times.

I must say that despite the ups and downs since relegation I have fully enjoyed our time in this division. I feel that in every game we have a chance of winning - something I have felt since the Martin O’Neill days.

So this is the big question from me is, do you want promotion or would you happily stay being one of the bigger fishes in this division?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"2nd City, 2nd Best" ... is okay for Birmingham City FC (it suits them too) ... but is never acceptable for Aston Villa.

The Cream rises to and belongs at the top ... the very top.

AVFC RFC SAFC

35 minutes ago, TonysWalnuts said:

I am also enjoying this division however, the situation we are in financially I would rather go up and lose 38 games next season if it meant security for the club.

This is a great point but something I hate in football that fans have to think about financials. Especially I’m this day and age.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

difficult very difficult to reply-----must confess am enjoying this season,more than any since Martin reigned-- no one is walking all over us,-nor giving us a thraping----we are winning games and none are foregone conclusions--( man utd home and away,spuds home and away citeh home and away) but then again the premiership is the "promised land", so in all honesty i cant give an answer,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

It's definitely been interesting to visit places like Nottingham and Leeds and to feel like the big team that everyone wants to beat. Ultimately I don't want to stay here but Villa winning matches after a few miserable seasons has been refreshing, then again every time I travel over they still lose so it doesn't seem to matter much either feckin way for me. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

11 minutes ago, Dublin Villain said:

It's definitely been interesting to visit places like Nottingham and Leeds and to feel like the big team that everyone wants to beat. Ultimately I don't want to stay here but Villa winning matches after a few miserable seasons has been refreshing, then again every time I travel over they still lose so it doesn't seem to matter much either feckin way for me. 

i wonder would the taxis be cheaper, to get to the stadiums, in the Premier League lol

7 minutes ago, CornyAVFC said:

i wonder would the taxis be cheaper, to get to the stadiums, in the Premier League lol

Lol not my finest moment, anything less then 18:40 or so sounds reasonable to me

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

7 minutes ago, Dublin Villain said:

Lol not my finest moment, anything less then 18:40 or so sounds reasonable to me

a wonderful moment all the same, i pissed myself for days mate lol

7 minutes ago, CornyAVFC said:

a wonderful moment all the same, i pissed myself for days mate lol

You know it's bad when even a money hungry taxi man says no no no mate that's just the time lol

Archived