Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs ASTON VILLA

HILLSBOROUGH, SHEFFIELD

SATURDAY, 24TH FEBRUARY 2018

CHAMPIONSHIP

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Could be a game of 2 halves this. If we score early on we will be winning one nil,  but if they equalise it will be one one. Then whoever scores a late goal will win the game 2-1

fliegetn0.gif

must be at least 3 changes----cannot see the insistance of going with loan players, who will return to their owning club when the loan period is over- and when we have suitable replacement not even making the bench---sorry but for me all we are doing is "blooding" them for their owning club;

if Jack Albert and Green are out i,d go with:::::

Johnstone

Hutton  J.T. Chester  Taylor

Birkir

Snoddy(if well) Lansbury-- O,Hare

Grabban   Hogan

bench:: Bunn,Bree,Davis,Elmo,Hourihane,Jedi,Axel

would need a serious rethink should Snoddy be unavailable,

Come On You Lions----- lets seek revenge for our only league defeat at Villa Park.

VTID   UTV---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

1 hour ago, freddy said:

must be at least 3 changes----cannot see the insistance of going with loan players, who will return to their owning club when the loan period is over- and when we have suitable replacement not even making the bench---sorry but for me all we are doing is "blooding" them for their owning club;

if Jack Albert and Green are out i,d go with:::::

Johnstone

Hutton  J.T. Chester  Taylor

Birkir

Snoddy(if well) Lansbury-- O,Hare

Grabban   Hogan

bench:: Bunn,Bree,Davis,Elmo,Hourihane,Jedi,Axel

would need a serious rethink should Snoddy be unavailable,

Come On You Lions----- lets seek revenge for our only league defeat at Villa Park.

VTID   UTV---

I really disagree with playing players out of position. If O'Hare starts or even features he must play in the no.10 role.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I think  with loan players sometimes they have clauses in the loan contract that means the manager must pick them.  That could be the problem with Onomah. 

And yes Fred,  he has to play o Hare in the grealish role Saturday. 

Sitting back , holding on for a nil nil or a late winner only works against the crap teams in this league. These are the only team to beat us  at Villa Park,  sit back and they will beat us again. 

fliegetn0.gif

3 hours ago, avstu said:

I really disagree with playing players out of position. If O'Hare starts or even features he must play in the no.10 role.

fair comment i aint cared where the lad plays --just want him to be given a chance with a couple of games----he cant do no worse than what weve been served up with the last 2 outings---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

listening to W.M. earlier it sounds as we will again be without Jack and Uncle Albert-----not good news!!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Going to the airport in Germany at lunchtime to get on a flight for this match. Landing in  Kevin Gage's pub on outskirts of Sheffield 11am Saturday morning. 

fliegetn0.gif

8 minutes ago, CornyAVFC said:

you mean you are going to the airport to go home cause the wife told ya so lol

No,  but she has requested that I drive her and my son to Leeds on March 3 meaning I miss Qpr at home because she doesn't like driving on motorways 

fliegetn0.gif