FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

CLUB REFUSING TO GIVE HUTTON A NEW CONTRACT

lifelongvilla

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not happy with that he,s been a model pro since forced into coco,s infamous "bomb squad"never moaned whinged nor threw his toys!always trys on the pitch okay not in the Jimmy Armfield class of right back but always works hard shows bottle and aint afraid to get stuck in,indeed has emerged this season as a decent left back -so whats the intention? get rid and restore Taylor who has struggled greatly of late and needs to visit specsavers or plunge needlessly into the market? I urge those behind this to think and think again!!there are other people on the payroll id sooner see disappear over the horizon!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

What a player (if only he could cross a ball) been brilliant the last 2 years after being absolute rubbish the previous 5 .  He seems to have been wasted as a right back all those years,   playing better than ever now on the left. Yeah maybe I'd give him another 12 months if we remain in this league,  but if we go up it's time to say goodbye Alan and thank you.  Alan Hutton will be remembered as the player that tried.

fliegetn0.gif

Article about this in the Birmingham Mail, it seems until we know which league we will be in next year we are going to have to be wary of breaking FFP rules.

Hopefully we go up and offer Hutton a new contract, he's earned it.

He was absolute disaster when we were in the Prem, one of the players who got us down in the first place. People tend to have short memory. Yes, he has played well last two seasons, maybe because we are playing at his right level, which is Championship. He is 33 and offers us nothing, if we get promoted. Right decision. Time to move on. With limited abilities but with right attitude he has earned his place in our current starting 11, proper professional, no doubt about that. Hopefully he continues to perform and helps us to get up and repays his sins of the past. 

On 06/02/2018 at 5:36 PM, dorset lion said:

Article about this in the Birmingham Mail, it seems until we know which league we will be in next year we are going to have to be wary of breaking FFP rules.

Hopefully we go up and offer Hutton a new contract, he's earned it.

I think its best we thanked him and wished him the best regardless of what the future holds. He turns 34 in November and isn't getting any younger. He certainly won't be able to do a job in the Prem.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Can understand it, been okay this season but if we were promoted you've got to say his previous premier league record isn't too good. There was a time once where we were desperate to offload him. Hutton's career at Villa in a whole as been pretty disappointing one decent season in what six, that just is not good enough. Thank you Hutton and lets end it on a high. 

14 hours ago, avstu said:

I think its best we thanked him and wished him the best regardless of what the future holds. He turns 34 in November and isn't getting any younger. He certainly won't be able to do a job in the Prem.

Your probably right, I've just grown very fond of Hutton as a good pro who always grafts. A few more with his attitude at the club in recent years and we probably wouldn't be down here.

Archived