Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 1-3 Peterborough

ASTON VILLA V PETERBOROUGH

VILLA PARK,  BIRMINGHAM

SATURDAY, 6TH JANUARY 2018

THE FA CUP

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Expecting wholesale changes for this one and I don’t really mind. For the first time ever, the FA Cup is nothing but an inconvenience for me this season.

Bruce has already stated that both Andre Green and John Terry will start.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

More team news:

Andre Green, John Terry, Cal O'Hare, Keinan Davis and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy are all expected to feature.

Mellberg_Signature.png

I'm hoping RHM & O'Hare start to get some serious game time now as both are good players. Just need bringing on into the first team more...

12 hours ago, Zeewulf said:

I'm hoping RHM & O'Hare start to get some serious game time now as both are good players. Just need bringing on into the first team more...

I’m interested to see what RHM is about. 

O’Hare has looked good from what I have seen so far, thought he was pushed around a fair bit when he came on against Bristol

Mellberg_Signature.png

As a kid the only live club match we ever got to watch on TV was the FA cup final, I've dreamt of watching that cup lifted by a Villa captain for nearly 50 years. I understand Bruce making changes but I don't want him sending out such a weakened side that he in effect sacrifices any ties, I haven't got another 50 years and want to see us lift it an 8th time.

i can remember 1957, such a long time ago, but we lifted the cup, we beat man u 2-1 and both goals were scored by peter mcparland, tommy taylor got uniteds goal. it was our first major trophy for 37 years. 6 of the united players lost their lives 9 months later in the munich air disaster. bobby charlton is the last surviving player of that 1957 team.  well i think he is still alive, not sure, as i said, such a long time ago. 

8 hours ago, dorset lion said:

As a kid the only live club match we ever got to watch on TV was the FA cup final, I've dreamt of watching that cup lifted by a Villa captain for nearly 50 years. I understand Bruce making changes but I don't want him sending out such a weakened side that he in effect sacrifices any ties, I haven't got another 50 years and want to see us lift it an 8th time.

Out of all the cups, it is the one I dream of Villa winning but it isn't a priority for me this year. I don't want anything but promotion this year.

Mellberg_Signature.png

I am expecting Mr.Bruce to field a weaker team in Saturday's game unfortunately as his excuse will be qualifying this season at the second attempt. There is no point in coming 3rd as Reading found out to their cost ! I have put money on Huddersfield to return to the championship.         I am with you in saying we 'd like to lift the "tin cup " again and IF we get a premier league team ,it will give us experience .(Just like Wolves did in playing Man.C in the Carabao cup )  Does anyone remember the song that we used to sing about winning the cup 7 times ? We just need to change the second line to..............

"My eyes have seen the glory of the Villa win the cup,                                     Seven times we've won it and we need to BACK IT UP                                     We are the boys in Claret & Blue,we are the chosen few                                 And the Villa go marching on ,on,on.