Sam Johnstone

avstu

Johnstone  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sign Johnstone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

The lad has deffo improved over the last few games and looks a lot more confident and made some important saves I think some ME included were to quick to jump on his back  and who knows there might be a deal to be had in the summer if he can continue this good form until the end of the season as he's not going to get a game at manure any time soon.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, mechanicalmercenary said:

The lad has deffo improved over the last few games and looks a lot more confident and made some important saves I think some ME included were to quick to jump on his back  and who knows there might be a deal to be had in the summer if he can continue this good form until the end of the season as he's not going to get a game at manure any time soon.

Well said mechanical ,  what i like about him is when he makes an important save he  actually catches the ball  , he done that several times yesterday , who ever the midfield was  is irrelevant. ,,, but  no doubt when he makes the odd  mistake in future the moaners  will soon be on his back again. .

fliegetn0.gif

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

Gollini only wanted to play for us if the the goalkeeping coach was Italian. Who did he think he was trying to dictate the nationality of avfc staff 

And IF that has been proven to be true then just shows how bad the AVFC staff are in allowing that as part of his contract negotiaitons in the first place.  If the club offered that as part of him signing then you can't moan at a player for expecting them to keep to their word can you !!

Plus my statement was that Gollini IS better than Johnstone.

I credit the whole team with the current run of clean sheets, our once none existent midfield made decent defenders look poor because of the amount of pressure we were always under. Hutton has been praised in recent weeks, as has Johnstone.....its a team game and our team is now stronger, better balanced.

Gollini didn't want to be here so what should have been done regarding him is irrelevant, Johnstone is young and will make mistakes like any keeper. If we go into next season with him still our No.1 I think it would be a risk, just as going into this season with a young Italian as No.1 was a risk that didn't pay off. I'd rather a keeper whose been around a bit, proved his ability.....goalkeeper error has been responsible for more dropped points than it should be this season, that alone cut to an acceptable level would probably see us very close to that 6th spot.

Totally agree about Gollini. He didnt want to be here for Aston Villa and that should be his only reason for being here. Johnstone v Gollini? Johnstone for me. We need team players not prima donnas.

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

has impressed me the more games i see -----and has  made a fair few important saves----i,d definately push Jose for next season---as my old history techer used to say--

" keep up the good work"

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

No doubt he is improving, but so it the Team in respect of keeping the defence tight!

but he has always been a short term fix! he will return to Man U and in the summer we will go on the hunt again

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

• Larry-AV changed the title to Sam Johnstone

Archived