1. 1. Would you sign Johnstone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Perth Villan said:

Gollini is saying he couldnt wait to get back to Italy. Not good if your keeper doesnt want to be here. 

That's because part of his move here was based on an Italian goalkeeping coach which we now don't have.  Shame really as he would have been wise learning the english game early on in his career.  Still think we will regret letting him go.

9 hours ago, Zeewulf said:

That's because part of his move here was based on an Italian goalkeeping coach which we now don't have.  Shame really as he would have been wise learning the english game early on in his career.  Still think we will regret letting him go.

Only time will tell. Same as the situation with Murphy.

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

09/02/2017 : Have this here too, 'this match' is Wigan v AVFC, Matt Gilks joined Wigan from Rangers.

1 minute ago, Larry-AV said:

09/02/2017 : Steve Bruce missed a trick on the goalkeeper. He could have used Bunn and then signed Matt Gilks from Rangers. Instead, he signed Sam Johnstone on loan, who had a good start for AVFC (against Tottenham in the FA Cup), but has been a liability since. Sod's Law dictates that Gilks will play a blinder against AVFC in this match.

AVFC RFC SAFC

7 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

09/02/2017 : Have this here too, 'this match' is Wigan v AVFC, Matt Gilks joined Wigan from Rangers.

7 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

09/02/2017 : Steve Bruce missed a trick on the goalkeeper. He could have used Bunn and then signed Matt Gilks from Rangers. Instead, he signed Sam Johnstone on loan, who had a good start for AVFC (against Tottenham in the FA Cup), but has been a liability since. Sod's Law dictates that Gilks will play a blinder against AVFC in this match.

Have this here too

?,  I doubt it,,, He will be on the bench. ,,,he's not good enough for wigans   first team ,,, say no more.

fliegetn0.gif

is that the same Matt Gilks who was at Blackpool?---if so i saw him a couple of times,at times  could be good but good be real bad and prone to an occasional howler,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

34 minutes ago, freddy said:

is that the same Matt Gilks who was at Blackpool?---if so i saw him a couple of times,at times  could be good but good be real bad and prone to an occasional howler,

Be no good here then Freddy, as a Villa fan I expect my howlers regularly and on time....round about the 92nd minute:biggrin:

6 hours ago, dorset lion said:

Be no good here then Freddy, as a Villa fan I expect my howlers regularly and on time....round about the 92nd minute:biggrin:

Consistency is key ???

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

17 hours ago, dorset lion said:

Ha ha man-----yes anything from 87th---95th minute regular as clockwork almost akin to a score one get one free --,is our howler time i,reckon---has been for a while-----with  absolutely zilch chance of a Villa response,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• 1 month later...

That's 4 clean sheets out of 5 now. He's had some stick on here, but  now showing his quality.  He is an upgrade compared to gollini,  unfortunately I think José will want him back at Man Utd in the summer 

fliegetn0.gif

• Larry-AV changed the title to Sam Johnstone

Archived