FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

On 3/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, Larry-AV said:

28/03/2018 : If John Terry does retire at the end of this Season then it will be a big loss to AVFC whether we have gained promotion or not. The nature of JT's contract with AVFC contains its own Sunset Clause, irrespective of whether JT retires or not, in that he had and has no wish to play against Chelsea. If we gain promotion and to get JT to decide against retirement, maybe AVFC could offer JT a 'Chelsea Clause', excusing him from playing against Chelsea, thereby retaining his services and experience for the benefit of Aston Villa.

Skysports - John Terry's Aston Villa future yet to be discussed

As much as I am a big JT fan, I would never agree to this and I certainly wouldn't expect the club to agree with this also.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

19/06/2019 : Excellent news today regarding John Terry. The extension to 2021 shows ongoing commitment by JT and by AVFC too. This is the sensible way to manage the Club.

His pace has let him down a few times this season ,   not sure he could manage another season in the championship , never mind the premier league ,,,,,time is catching up and age is against  him ,,,,,,i would say hang your boots up in the summer John , and stay at Aston Villa , as our new manager

fliegetn0.gif

10 hours ago, avstu said:

As much as I am a big JT fan, I would never agree to this and I certainly wouldn't expect the club to agree with this also.

30/03/2018 : The above is Stu's reply to my post (above), 'this' being the 'Chelsea Clause' I suggested using to keep JT at AVFC.

Further to the above, Official (and unsurprising) confirmation that Steve Bruce and AVFC institutionally want John Terry to stay beyond his current contract. A 'Chelsea Clause' is unusual (maybe novel), but it might be the thing that ensures an extension to JT's contract with AVFC. JT is doing his Coaching Badges, so he could become a player/coach.

Skysports - Aston Villa will respect whatever decision John Terry makes, says Steve Bruce

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

On 28/03/2018 at 5:34 PM, Larry-AV said:

28/03/2018 : If John Terry does retire at the end of this Season then it will be a big loss to AVFC whether we have gained promotion or not. The nature of JT's contract with AVFC contains its own Sunset Clause, irrespective of whether JT retires or not, in that he had and has no wish to play against Chelsea. If we gain promotion and to get JT to decide against retirement, maybe AVFC could offer JT a 'Chelsea Clause', excusing him from playing against Chelsea, thereby retaining his services and experience for the benefit of Aston Villa.

Skysports - John Terry's Aston Villa future yet to be discussed

Hell No. He's a professional footballer PAID to do a job and play for Villa.  He doesn't get to pick and choose who he plays against.

Can you imagine every player in ANY league NOT playing agianst the team they support/like.  You wouldn't get any matches played at all....

1 hour ago, Zeewulf said:

Hell No. He's a professional footballer PAID to do a job and play for Villa.  He doesn't get to pick and choose who he plays against.

Can you imagine every player in ANY league NOT playing agianst the team they support/like.  You wouldn't get any matches played at all....

Maybe he could play and come off after 26 minutes , then both teams and both sets of fans could applaud him as he walks off 

fliegetn0.gif

On 3/31/2018 at 2:36 PM, Patrick said:

Maybe he could play and come off after 26 minutes , then both teams and both sets of fans could applaud him as he walks off 

Always rely on you to look on the bright side haha.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• 3 weeks later...

If I were Bruce and thought Terry added something to the team I'd be pragmatic enough to let him sit out games against Chelsea, its not like we'll be in direct competition with them for a CL spot.

• 2 weeks later...

John Terry says its in his contract to stay another season if we get promoted and he will play against Chelsea if selected

fliegetn0.gif