Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Forum Future

Should the forums close?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should the forum close?

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, freddy said:

there have been a fair few good ol guys n gals on the forum over the past few years,----Dorset Apollo,Anne,Klein,Morpheus,Eastie,Wattsie,Northstander, Carrzee,Irish Villan Dublin Villan  Atlantic Villan--and our colleagues from Oz --to name but a few,also not forgetting Loyal and his drinking partner Peever,----hopefully they will read this topic and get posting again,

it would be a shame if the forum was to end----i reckon the slide beagan when our meeting place The Addies closed,  we all enjoyed many an ale in there as well as meeting members from every corner----home and abroad,

of late there isnt much AVFC to discuss its always the same on the cursed international breaks---hopefully the fingers will get busy after 3.00pm Saturday,

UTV  VTID----

Us that do still visit regular need to those back posting on the forum.

we all need to get on the case.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I've not gone anywhere, been looking in its just the banter we used to have seems to have died a bit of a death. Its a shame but nothing lasts for ever. I hope it picks up again and makes it worth the hassle for you lads running it.

22 hours ago, dorset lion said:

I've not gone anywhere, been looking in its just the banter we used to have seems to have died a bit of a death. Its a shame but nothing lasts for ever. I hope it picks up again and makes it worth the hassle for you lads running it.

Appreciate your comments. As I have already said - we all need to get posting regularly again. Myself including and that's how this place becomes active again. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

It´s happening everywhere, forums are dying, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc., users are there now. No one wants to write anymore, it´s all about 160 letters or less. I´ll keep on posting as long as there´s a forum to post. Tend to write after matches, been noticing, that comments during and after matches are very few compared to not so long ago.

16 minutes ago, Jarkko said:

It´s happening everywhere, forums are dying, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc., users are there now. No one wants to write anymore, it´s all about 160 letters or less. I´ll keep on posting as long as there´s a forum to post. Tend to write after matches, been noticing, that comments during and after matches are very few compared to not so long ago.

We have always struggled during games due to so many members going to games. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, dorset lion said:

we need another referendum or gen election or Europe to block brexit,to get the banter flowing again lol

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

49 minutes ago, avstu said:

We have always struggled during games due to so many members going to games. 

Ak used to post a lot during games,  Anyway what's up with these so called moderators like Ak and Loyal who are supposed to be helping run this place. Are they doing any moderating,  because they're certainly not posting. Barely anything from either of them over the last 6 months. 

fliegetn0.gif

3 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Ak used to post a lot during games,  Anyway what's up with these so called moderators like Ak and Loyal who are supposed to be helping run this place. Are they doing any moderating,  because they're certainly not posting. Barely anything from either of them over the last 6 months. 

It hasn't gone unnoticed and everyone is being spoken to in the background.

Mellberg_Signature.png

13 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

we need another referendum or gen election or Europe to block brexit,to get the banter flowing again lol

An ISIS terror attack or a refugee debate normally gets the posts flowing 

fliegetn0.gif

Just now, Patrick said:

An ISIS terror attack or a refugee debate normally gets the posts flowing 

good shout,not a fan of ISIS tbh but don't mind the refugees,the more the merrier I say

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png