FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Is Steve Bruce the right man for the job?

Perth Villan

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rawly1966 said:

Hogan was a fluke at Brentford 

21 goals brentford, 17 rochdale and all the ones before, his career ratio is 1 goal every 1.82 games read kodjias career stats as 1 goal every 2.8 games......fluke or just other teams played to his strengths.How many of kodjias goals last year were crossed to him??? how many goals did kodjia create himself????

robbie fowler was a fox in the box cause the ball was put in the box on the floor during liverpool days, when he went leeds they crossed more and not play on the floor, guess he was fluky at liverpool too.

3 minutes ago, villagaz711 said:

21 goals brentford, 17 rochdale and all the ones before, his career ratio is 1 goal every 1.82 games read kodjias career stats as 1 goal every 2.8 games......fluke or just other teams played to his strengths.How many of kodjias goals last year were crossed to him??? how many goals did kodjia create himself????

robbie fowler was a fox in the box cause the ball was put in the box on the floor during liverpool days, when he went leeds they crossed more and not play on the floor, guess he was fluky at liverpool too.

So you don't agree , that's fine with me , I hate stats as they mean history which means f*ck all. I'm on about now , 

who mentioned kodja? I didn't ? 

funniest.gif

Just now, Rawly1966 said:

So you don't agree , that's fine with me , I hate stats as they mean history which means f*ck all. I'm on about now , 

who mentioned kodja? I didn't ? 

no i mentioned it. you claimed hogan was a fluke but the stats read otherwise, however we BOTH would prefere Kodjia to start.

Torres was on fire at Athletico and liverpool but sh*t at chelsea, does that make him a bad player?

My point is we dont play to hogan's strenghths and he isnt a lone striker yet thats how we play him.

Just now, villagaz711 said:

no i mentioned it. you claimed hogan was a fluke but the stats read otherwise, however we BOTH would prefere Kodjia to start.

Torres was on fire at Athletico and liverpool but sh*t at chelsea, does that make him a bad player?

My point is we dont play to hogan's strenghths and he isnt a lone striker yet thats how we play him.

Ok but don't quote stats at me ,as far as I'm concerned stats mean f*ck all .

i dont care about Torres etc ,I never watch other football, not interested .

anyway he's injured now and out for ten weeks min

funniest.gif

1 minute ago, Rawly1966 said:

Ok but don't quote stats at me ,as far as I'm concerned stats mean f*ck all .

i dont care about Torres etc ,I never watch other football, not interested .

anyway he's injured now and out for ten weeks min

So to the original question is sbruce right fort he job, i guess not, he said in preseason he was working a team around jack grealish and now hes injured he has no plan B. I dont know what or WHO is the answer but we cant carry on in this vain. If we finish sept in this position then i dont care if god him self takes over we wouldnt finish above 10th. simple equation.           NO PROMOTION                                                                                                                                                                                                                             SELLING TOP EARNERS = disaster

Just now, villagaz711 said:

So to the original question is sbruce right fort he job, i guess not, he said in preseason he was working a team around jack grealish and now hes injured he has no plan B. I dont know what or WHO is the answer but we cant carry on in this vain. If we finish sept in this position then i dont care if god him self takes over we wouldnt finish above 10th. simple equation.           NO PROMOTION                                                                                                                                                                                                                             SELLING TOP EARNERS = disaster

I don't know is my honest answer , who the hell  takes over ? I don't even know half the names being touted as I don't really follow football 

funniest.gif

1 hour ago, Rawly1966 said:

I don't know is my honest answer , who the hell  takes over ? I don't even know half the names being touted as I don't really follow football 

Is that why you support the Villa? lol

image.jpg

Perth, you've seen first hand how Ange Postecoglou works and what he demands from his players with regards to playing to his philosophy, do you think he'd work at Villa? Given the players we've got I can just see him being the sort of manager that would work. He plays attacking, attractive football, he's non negotiable on playing a decent type of football and he's strong enough to stick to his guns when players try to go away from it. I know people will say he hasn't managed a club this size with its reputation, fans and ambition but I think he's the sort that will back himself regardless of the situation.

What do you think....hypothetically of course, he's hundreds to be anywhere near the job. 

43 minutes ago, Villa in Brissiengham said:

Perth, you've seen first hand how Ange Postecoglou works and what he demands from his players with regards to playing to his philosophy, do you think he'd work at Villa? Given the players we've got I can just see him being the sort of manager that would work. He plays attacking, attractive football, he's non negotiable on playing a decent type of football and he's strong enough to stick to his guns when players try to go away from it. I know people will say he hasn't managed a club this size with its reputation, fans and ambition but I think he's the sort that will back himself regardless of the situation.

What do you think....hypothetically of course, he's hundreds to be anywhere near the job. 

Totally agree with you Brissie. I don't think his lack of managing a big club matters. Plenty of so called big managers have failed at many clubs. Ange would not stand for any shift from his players. He would play the youngsters and stick with them. He does not stand for 'big names' being lazy. You stuff up and your out. His attitude is exactly what is required at VP. Having the opportunity to work with players at this level would be right up his street. Problem is that Dr Tony probably doesn't even know who he is lol. His only connection to Aus is Jedi lol.

image.jpg

Archived