FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Is Steve Bruce the right man for the job?

Perth Villan

I was really excited for this season as I thought it would be the turning point. Steve Bruce is an experienced manager and I thought (once again) that he would turn this great club around to be great again. I am now joining the club of doubters as it appears that we have exactly the same attitude as last season with different players. Where is it going wrong? Is it SB's fault? Is it his tactics? Is it the players? Should he be given time to see if he can turn it around? Is there another manager out there who can make us great again? 

image.jpg

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Bruce,  like any other manager is judged on results. Or as they say, lives or dies by them.  If you look at the whole picture and judge him on the last nine or so months I would sack him now.  If you look at it for this season,  two games , one point  and only just about  beating colchester in the cup , he deserves a few more games to turn it round.  Newcastle lost their first 2 last season apparently , and won the league. But sad to say I can't see him turning this round.  We all wanted him to do well but it hasn't worked out so far and it's  not likely to.  The big question is,  how long do you leave it. Luckily he is not on a 3 or 4 year contract,  it's a 12 month rollover 

fliegetn0.gif

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Steve Bruce,  like any other manager is judged on results. Or as they say, lives or dies by them.  If you look at the whole picture and judge him on the last nine or so months I would sack him now.  If you look at it for this season,  two games , one point  and only just about  beating colchester in the cup , he deserves a few more games to turn it round.  Newcastle lost their first 2 last season apparently , and won the league. But sad to say I can't see him turning this round.  We all wanted him to do well but it hasn't worked out so far and it's  not likely to.  The big question is,  how long do you leave it. Luckily he is not on a 3 or 4 year contract,  it's a 12 month rollover 

And the big question is ,,,,who the f*ck takes over  ? As I sad to say I think he should go and I think he will resign Wednesday morning after losing to reading 

funniest.gif

53 minutes ago, Rawly1966 said:

And the big question is ,,,,who the f*ck takes over  ? As I sad to say I think he should go and I think he will resign Wednesday morning after losing to reading 

Dean Smith for me if he'll take it. But whoever it is will have to get used to a very limited budget over the next few years in this league. 

fliegetn0.gif

33 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Dean Smith for me if he'll take it. But whoever it is will have to get used to a very limited budget over the next few years in this league. 

I really did want Bruce to succeed ,but yesterday was a complete and utter shambles 

funniest.gif

51 minutes ago, Patrick said:

That team is more than capable of getting promoted this season, they need a manager that plays football. there no point having a midfield if your going to by pass it with long balls up to an isolated striker that cant hold the ball up. 

53 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Who is dean smith by the way ? 

funniest.gif

Bruce has been here 10 months, 2 transfer windows and a pre-season and our tactics are hoof ball.  That alone says he has to go.  He doesn't seem to have any idea how to change a team mid game to break down the opposition, something everyone else seems to do to Bruce on a weekly basis....

I think he has 2 games to save his job. We have the basis of a very good side. A strong back four, a good keeper. Seemingly a strong midfield (minus a real playmaker) and a very good striker with 2 average back ups and a very good group of youngsters. It really looks like it is SB who is at fault. Personally I would like to see MON back at Villa Park. I think he has the right motivation to drive these guys. If we could get him do you think he would get us back up to the EPL?

image.jpg

Archived