Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Forum changes

I updated the forum software last night and I am currently redesigning the look so please bare with me over the next few days.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Stu, Last season I was able to paste the Prediction League Table into the Standings thread. I tried to do this for Week 01 for the current Season earlier today (07/08/2017), but a message came up saying : ' Cannot post images' ... which means I could not post the Table.

Can you correct this please, maybe by just allowing only Admin/Mods to paste images, otherwise the Prediction League will become meaningless if players cannot track their progress.

Cheers.

AVFC RFC SAFC

12 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

Stu, Last season I was able to paste the Prediction League Table into the Standings thread. I tried to do this for Week 01 for the current Season earlier today (07/08/2017), but a message came up saying : ' Cannot post images' ... which means I could not post the Table.

Can you correct this please, maybe by just allowing only Admin/Mods to paste images, otherwise the Prediction League will become meaningless if players cannot track their progress.

Cheers.

I can post and paste images , Do you like my selfie Larry

DGnZTG1XUAAXHWH.jpg

fliegetn0.gif

Is that by Copy from your PC Desktop and Paste into AVF, Patrick ?

That is how I posted the Tables last Season, following advice from your good self, but I could not do that today.

AVFC RFC SAFC

5 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

Is that by Copy from your PC Desktop and Paste into AVF, Patrick ?

That is how I posted the Tables last Season, following advice from your good self, but I could not do that today.

Yeah well i am on the laptop at the moment Larry  , i just right clicked on an image , selected copy then right clicked on the reply box and selected paste 

Maybe there is a problem with pasting tables , as images seem fine ,, well mine is , as you can see 

fliegetn0.gif

Test from my Desktop, using my Avatar : Right Click ... Copy ... Right Click ... Paste :

And I get this :

You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Which did NOT happen last Season.

This is one for Stu to fix.

Along with the missing FONT and Size commands !

AVFC RFC SAFC

The Table is an image, a 'png' file, the same as last Season.

My Avatar is also an image, a 'jpg' file.

The problem is with images of any type.

AVFC RFC SAFC

14 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

The Table is an image, a 'png' file, the same as last Season.

My Avatar is also an image, a 'jpg' file.

The problem is with images of any type.

but i am having no problem with images , maybe you could try converting it from a png to a jpg or pm it to me and i'll try posting it or try posting a jpg yourself

fliegetn0.gif

Working fine for me. I also have font and size options, Larry?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

23 hours ago, avstu said:

Working fine for me. I also have font and size options, Larry?

10/08/2017 : BT visited today and (so far, so good) have fixed the broadband.

The Font and Size boxes are missing from the Menu bar, they should occupy the right-hand area of the bar, but it is blank.

To format text I have to surround them with control characters, which is a damn nuisance.

Verdana size=14
Courier New size=14

Testing Copy and Paste again, using my Avatar, by Right Click ... Copy ... Right Click ... Paste :

And I still get this : You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Unless this paste images directly block is ended, there will be no point in continuing with the Prediction League, as I cannot post the Tables.

AVFC RFC SAFC