Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

European Cup 1982 Memories

With today being the anniversary of the day that Aston Villa was crowned Champions of Europe. What are your memories of the day?

Absolute elation and some disbelief that beat Bayern Munich.

Peter Withe and Gary Shaw up front, one of our best strike forces.

I shall have to get my engraved pewter mug out and give it a good polish.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I have spent the last 24 hours and will spend the next 24 hours or so thinking to myself, Ah 35 years ago at this moment I was doing this or that........well about now on May 26th 1982 I was cooling off in a small fountain in some Ostende backstreet, on what was a scorching hot day. I was about 18 hours into what still ranks as one of the all time great sessions.

Rotterdam will always be a high point in my life.

Just watched the video on the Villa web site, didn't realise how close Peter Withe came to missing, in off the post.

Oh for those days to return to Villa Park.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I was 2 yrs old no memory at all,it was against a very good Bayern side aswell at the time

I never went the final or any of the away matches en route to the final because of work and low income. Went to all the home legs though. I watched the match in the lounge of the Bromford pub in Birmingham , no big screens then it was a normal telly in a corner of the lounge . Had to put up with jealous comments from blues fans throughout the match . Wild scenes at full time , more local Villa fans came down the pub at full time including my best  mate Gary Cullen RIP , who i travelled everywhere with during the 70s and 80s following Villa , Sadly he died of alcoholism before he was 40