Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Website Changes

You might start to notice some changes in and around the website as I try and spruce the place up and get this place rocking again. Some things you may like - some you may not. If you would like to see some things added then please let me know and I will look to see if it is possible.

Staff Changes

There have been some staff changes with some people leaving voluntary. They know who they are. Some on the forum - some on the main website. I won't be discussing why they have left as that is between me and them and it (as far as I am concerned) is on good terms but I would like to place it on record that I am very grateful for everything they have done for both myself and the website in the past.

We will be making further changes with new recruitments and maybe more casualties.

Old Members

Some old members have been given another chance to return to the forum. It is entirely up to them as to whether they would like to return or not. This isn't to say that we don't have rules because we do but I would like to think that bygones can be bygones and we can all move on.

Aston Villa has had to rebuild and so do we so we need all of you that do come here to GET POSTING AGAIN. We have spoken about closing this place altogether. Deep down - I don't want it to come to that but when I start to think that it isn't worth it anymore - it will be a decision that myself, Karl and Gary will have to make.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Stu,

Can you restore the Color Box to how it was, i.e. with the main colours Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, Maroon, Navy, Firebrick, Indgo, Gold, etc.

Cheers.

AVFC RFC SAFC

2 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

Stu,

Can you restore the Color Box to how it was, i.e. with the main colours Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, Maroon, Navy, Firebrick, Indgo, Gold, etc.

Cheers.

I don't understand Larry?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

2 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

Stu,

Cheers.

:rofl:

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

20 minutes ago, avstu said:

I don't understand Larry?

The colour box option in the post edit menu, Stu ... the colours have been changed. I meant to mention this about 3 weeks ago, when I first noticed the change. Incidentally, the font and size options are still missing from the edit menu for new threads.

AVFC RFC SAFC

I am not sure I can change the colour options - will look into it for you.

Mellberg_Signature.png

26/07/2017 : Do we have a problem with links ?

I ask because I posted the link shown below today, it being from my notepad and identical to the link I posted on my Rangers Forum and on NOT606 (Rangers). On the latter two Sites the link opened with no problems, but on AVF it came up with a 'Cannot find the page' message.

I updated my AVF post to include the URL line alone and then the link opened normally.

Link as first posted on AVF :

Skysports - Rangers will not lose titles, SPFL says after 'big tax case' verdict

Link line alone :

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10962475/rangers-will-not-lose-titles-spfl-says-after-big-tax-case-verdict

One other point. In Preview the link opens in the same tab. This is an error, it should open in a new tab.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

4 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

Do we have a problem with links ?

I ask because I posted the link shown below today, it being from my notepad and identical to the link I posted on my Rangers Forum and on NOT606 (Rangers). On the latter two Sites the link opened with no problems, but on AVF it came up with a 'Cannot find the page' message.

The links are fine on my  dogging and swinging forums 

fliegetn0.gif

Anyone else having problems with the new forum look i.e. the Thread title etc. is in black with grey text underneath which you can hardly read against the claret backdrop ??

33 minutes ago, Zeewulf said:

Anyone else having problems with the new forum look i.e. the Thread title etc. is in black with grey text underneath which you can hardly read against the claret backdrop ??

Seems alright to me , not much different from before , probably better i would say

fliegetn0.gif