FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Kieren90

1 minute ago, Patrick said:

Yeah , i know matteo wasted a load on McCormack , but he did buy Kodja , Jedinak and Chester

Di Matteo Signings (9):

Ross McCormack, Jonathan Kodjia, James Chester, Arron Tishibola, Pierluigi Gollini, Tommy Elphick, Mile Jedinak, Albert Adomah, Richie De Laet

Bruce Signings (6/7):

Scott Hogan, James Bree, Conor Hourihane, Sam Johnstone, Birkir Bjarnnasson, Henri Lansbury, Neil Taylor.

If I haven't missed anyone out?

Of Di Matteo's signings, I would say 4 have been flops, 3 have been good (4 if you include Adomah who I don't rate) and one had a bad injury.

Of Bruce's signings, I would say 2 have been flops, 1 was always a youngster with the future in mind, 3 have been decent and another has had a bad injury.

That aside - I think both give them a lot of work to do by changing so many so quickly. Difference is defensively we are a hell of a lot stronger and better under Bruce. The football at times was better under Di-Matteo but ineffective.

This is why it is vital that bruce gets his team/tactics right for the new season without much transfer disruption.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, avstu said:

Di Matteo Signings (9):

Ross McCormack, Jonathan Kodjia, James Chester, Arron Tishibola, Pierluigi Gollini, Tommy Elphick, Mile Jedinak, Albert Adomah, Richie De Laet

Bruce Signings (6/7):

Scott Hogan, James Bree, Conor Hourihane, Sam Johnstone, Birkir Bjarnnasson, Henri Lansbury, Neil Taylor.

If I haven't missed anyone out?

Of Di Matteo's signings, I would say 4 have been flops, 3 have been good (4 if you include Adomah who I don't rate) and one had a bad injury.

Of Bruce's signings, I would say 2 have been flops, 1 was always a youngster with the future in mind, 3 have been decent and another has had a bad injury.

That aside - I think both give them a lot of work to do by changing so many so quickly. Difference is defensively we are a hell of a lot stronger and better under Bruce. The football at times was better under Di-Matteo but ineffective.

This is why it is vital that bruce gets his team/tactics right for the new season without much transfer disruption.

Yes , Taylor was a good buy at left back and it will be good to have De Laet back at right back , I don't rate Adomah either , or Bjarnnnasson

fliegetn0.gif

18 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Yes , Taylor was a good buy at left back and it will be good to have De Laet back at right back , I don't rate Adomah either , or Bjarnnnasson

Bjarnnasson was always going to take the longest to settle but I agree with you that I don't rate him based on what I have seen so far.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Bjarnnasson was always going to take the longest to settle but I agree with you that I don't rate him based on what I have seen so far.

Literally forgot all about him! where is he? is he injured ? 

2 hours ago, Gavinr125 said:

Literally forgot all about him! where is he? is he injured ? 

Yup. Was ruled out for the season. 

2 hours ago, Gavinr125 said:

Unreliable source, but daily Star reporting that Bruce is keen on Elmohamady now he's dropping down in the championship, I'm not sure, at 29 is he better than what we already have?? 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/616053/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Ahmed-Elmohamady-Steve-Bruce-Hull 

Can't stand him as a player or his personality. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

5 hours ago, Gavinr125 said:

Unreliable source, but daily Star reporting that Bruce is keen on Elmohamady now he's dropping down in the championship, I'm not sure, at 29 is he better than what we already have?? 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/616053/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Ahmed-Elmohamady-Steve-Bruce-Hull 

Another right back , ? if he is one  We already have Alan Hutton , James Bree and De Laet , more chance of us signing Steve Bruce's son Alex

fliegetn0.gif

8 hours ago, Patrick said:

Another right back , ? if he is one  We already have Alan Hutton , James Bree and De Laet , more chance of us signing Steve Bruce's son Alex

Make a good point Patrick but he can play in midfield also can't he?

Mellberg_Signature.png

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Make a good point Patrick but he can play in midfield also can't he?

Think so Stu,  maybe he's like bacuna, a right back that plays in midfield 

fliegetn0.gif

9 hours ago, Patrick said:

Think so Stu,  maybe he's like bacuna, a right back that plays in midfield 

I think he is more attacking than Bacuna.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Archived