Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Is avillafan still your no.1?

5 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

There is nothing amiss about posting opinions and matchday experience, but 'is not about information, not about posting (football match) fixtures and results' ... on a football forum ???!!! :doh: ...

Yeah, I went to the match today, ... No, I don't know what day it is or who was playing and I have no idea what the score was either.

On your bike Larry :beer

fliegetn0.gif

8 hours ago, Patrick said:

On your bike Larry :beer

:biggrin: ... I did have a bike Patrick, years ago (it was painted claret and blue too) ... until some b**tard stole it.

AVFC RFC SAFC

9 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

:biggrin: ... I did have a bike Patrick, years ago (it was painted claret and blue too) ... until some b**tard stole it.

Good man you are Larry 

fliegetn0.gif

On 27/04/2017 at 7:56 PM, Peever said:

Ultimately the trend is towards social media right?  People want information faster and faster while most forums generally can't keep up (even if they think they do).  

Spot on with this although I don't see a forum as somewhere to get news first. I see it as a place to discuss and debate that news.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

3 hours ago, avstu said:

Spot on with this although I don't see a forum as somewhere to get news first. I see it as a place to discuss and debate that news.

That is exactly the point, Stu. AVF is not here to perform news scoops, but to debate AVFC and other matters. To do these the reader of a post needs to know the context, so information germane to the discussion needs to be present on AVF (so the reader does not have to go and Google it), e.g., the score in the match and the teams that were playing.

AVFC RFC SAFC

48 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

That is exactly the point, Stu. AVF is not here to perform news scoops, but to debate AVFC and other matters. To do these the reader of a post needs to know the context, so information germane to the discussion needs to be present on AVF (so the reader does not have to go and Google it), e.g., the score in the match and the teams that were playing.

Agreed Larry. We are not another news website - there are plenty of places for that.

So many people have made friends through this website from all corners of the world. That wouldn't have been possible without this forum.

We don't all see eye to eye all the time but who cares? Life is all about living so live it and enjoy it. Don't get down because someone has a different opinion to yourself.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

On 02/05/2017 at 5:19 AM, avstu said:

While I agree 100% with you Stu that is not what the next generation wants sadly. 

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

5 hours ago, Peever said:

While I agree 100% with you Stu that is not what the next generation wants sadly. 

Give 'em a while....todays hip young dude is tomorrows opinionated grumpy old fart.

I enjoy the variety a Forum can give you. What pisses me off is the negativity and not accepting that we all have differing opinions. If you don't like what someone says then so be it, but don't be abusive. I have fallen into this mode on a couple of occasions and thought is it really worth it. Then I read something really funny or something informative and then I realize that avillafan is needed. I feel that I have a mateship with some of you guys and I've never even met you. I hope avillafan continues.   

image.jpg

^^^^^ well said P.V.

A fair few of us have met up and formed good friendships through avillafan, and long may this continue---admittedly this was done in the  time when the good old Addies was open and formed a meeting place--but with  bit of endeavour i,m sure a similar new place can be found--ll --admittedly sadly a few have dropped off the radar--but that could only be expected,---its a good place for all to air their views on any aspect Claret and Blue and for the, shall i say older members to post our memories,---i for one attend almost all home games and have no problem  whatsoever meeting up with any one pre-match,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png