Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Is avillafan still your no.1?

I have been semi reguarly checking the Forum but have not posted in a long long time!! Apologies!

My thoughts are that there is a magnitude of great content out there on other streams of social media that tackles the issues you'd normally take to a forum about.

As much as it may pain you Stu, the lads a The Villa View are doing a cracking job and owe a lot to this page but offer a more streamlined interactive discussion platform than the forum.

That said forum's are still a great place to air frustrations that I'm surprised the poster count has dropped.

@Callum_sleezby

PSN : eAzY-Tig3r_

332rpqx.jpg

Sent a small donation this afternoon stu---by the usual method---apologies for delay --have had some costly motor expenses, as well as renewing season ticket --lol,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 24/04/2017 at 4:07 PM, freddy said:

Sent a small donation this afternoon stu---by the usual method---apologies for delay --have had some costly motor expenses, as well as renewing season ticket --lol,

Any donation is greatly appreciated Freddy. Thank you very much.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

16 minutes ago, avstu said:

Any donation is greatly appreciated Freddy. Thank you very much.

Your welcome Stu-----will try to bang another off in a few weeks,----hope we can keep the forum going,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Ultimately the trend is towards social media right?  People want information faster and faster while most forums generally can't keep up (even if they think they do).  

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

still the best non social media based Villa site!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

14 hours ago, Peever said:

Ultimately the trend is towards social media right?  People want information faster and faster while most forums generally can't keep up (even if they think they do).  

i see your point man in this modern techno hyped world- must confess i aint fully "jenned up"  anyway---for me though i like reading the views and concerns of fellow Villans,and discussing all aspects Claret and Blue,---it makes it more interesting especially when the posters are guys n gals that ive gotten to know over the past 7/8 years,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

16 hours ago, Peever said:

To me this forum,  is not about information , not about  posting fixtures and results  (Scottish or English) It's about posting your Villa  match day experience,,  discussing the match and voicing your opinion on the Villa  in general and debating it. Or discussing any topic for that matter 

fliegetn0.gif

3 hours ago, Patrick said:

To me this forum,  is not about information , not about  posting fixtures and results  (Scottish or English) It's about posting your Villa  match day experience,,  discussing the match and voicing your opinion on the Villa  in general and debating it. Or discussing any topic for that matter 

Ditto man ---absolutely.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

12 hours ago, Patrick said:

There is nothing amiss about posting opinions and matchday experience, but 'is not about information, not about posting (football match) fixtures and results' ... on a football forum ???!!! :doh: ...

Yeah, I went to the match today, ... No, I don't know what day it is or who was playing and I have no idea what the score was either.

AVFC RFC SAFC