Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Is avillafan still your no.1?

I'm still on most weeks, been very busy with work and looking after my wife recently but all heading in the right direction.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

22 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

A lot of the topics in the Private Forum should not be classed as private at all, e.g., the political ones, like 'Trump v Clinton', life (or death!) choices like 'Cremated or Buried', social opinions, like 'Bringing back the belt in schools', etc, etc. Even 'Teachers Banging their Students' has no need to be hidden away, it is a subject covered widely in Social Media and in the MSM too.

Maybe there should be an option for a thread (topic) creator to opt into the Private Forum when posting the thread OP, with the default option for all threads being open view. As for the topics currently in the Private Forum, could the open and non-sensitive ones be moved out ? ... I could do this, but it will have to be Stu's decision as Site Owner.

i posted those threads larry tbf I think they were best in the private forum imo,i quite like the private forum system,maybe lower the post count to 500 posts to view maybe?

some mods don't post as often ive noticed too,btw this is my only villa forum I use,i enjoy it here & the topics through the yrs,im sure it'll pick up again,i follow some villa related things on twitter surely that could be a way of getting the avillafan forum noticed to new members aswell

I miss skyba,love him or hate him he did keep the forum busy,bonheurj thon Korean lad was sound aswell,i wonder how he's doing someone must have his e'mail address,last time I heard he was doing national service for his country

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

You might as well close this forum down Stu. Hardly anyone posts on here any more. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only prat that does, Apart from Larry of course, who mainly posts Scottish fixtures and Scottish results. ? !  , as well as opening and closing prediction threads every 5 minutes. I notice the numbers participating in that have dwindled recently too. It's a shame really,  I posted on the Villa hardcore forum for years. It was really busy at one time,  loads of regular posters for years,   posting about all sorts of things every night. Then all of a sudden about 5 years ago  it got very quite. I went on there last night and the last post was at Christmas and the one before that 6 months ago. Sadly this forum seems to following the same  terminal decline. 

fliegetn0.gif

Maybe you could ask AVFC to have a section in the match day programmes that highlights forums such as this to help improve fan interaction ?

I will be honest in why i dont post on here anymore.

what attracted me to this forum above all others in the beginning was the fact that anything and everything would be discussed. it would often get steamy but no offence was ever meant by anyone or taken by anyone. Things did often get heated but it was all good fun.

Some members joined and would post about 100 posts a day just talking bollocks. If ever they were in a discussion and didnt like something you wrote they would spend all day going through old post or through internet pages just trying to prove you wrong, and heaven forbid they were wrong as there would be tears - no one on here likes me,im not posting again blah blah blah.

for me it became a forum not of opinions - there is no wrong or right - its just an opinion.

i still scroll through and laugh at Dimitri and Dorset and ofetn see Freddy and Anne on match days.

again this is my opinion only - and good luck to you all

You can't see the eyes of the demon......'till him come callin'

9 hours ago, boldfinger said:

I will be honest in why i dont post on here anymore.

what attracted me to this forum above all others in the beginning was the fact that anything and everything would be discussed. it would often get steamy but no offence was ever meant by anyone or taken by anyone. Things did often get heated but it was all good fun.

Some members joined and would post about 100 posts a day just talking bollocks. If ever they were in a discussion and didnt like something you wrote they would spend all day going through old post or through internet pages just trying to prove you wrong, and heaven forbid they were wrong as there would be tears - no one on here likes me,im not posting again blah blah blah.

for me it became a forum not of opinions - there is no wrong or right - its just an opinion.

i still scroll through and laugh at Dimitri and Dorset and ofetn see Freddy and Anne on match days.

again this is my opinion only - and good luck to you all

One of the reasons I hardly post on here anymore. A few posters take the attitude that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Not to mention the amount of times that the old cheshnut of 'You don't go to games, therefore you can't have an opinion' rears it's ugly head...

I can respect what some people are saying but I don't think we have had the problem with the childish antics or people taking things to serious for a very long time now.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

I can respect what some people are saying but I don't think we have had the problem with the childish antics or people taking things to serious for a very long time now.

Nor me Stu, I just think people have moved on, they will be back when we storm the league next year 

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

5 hours ago, avstu said:

Maybe, but as you've said at the start, the forum has less than 10 people who post. So maybe it's already taken it's effect on the members.

Things must be looking up , at least 14 different people have posted today

fliegetn0.gif