Jump to content

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Newcastle 2 Aston Villa 0

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, lifelongvilla said:

Hogan out for the season for sure.

SB is past it, the games moved on without him. Get him gone BEFORE we get relegated!!!!!!

It's ok Bruce thinks Gabby and Richards are the answer once fit. We're fine ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeewulf said:

It's ok Bruce thinks Gabby and Richards are the answer once fit. We're fine ;)

I wouldnt trust Steve bruce to train my U10's team! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lifelongvilla said:

I wouldnt trust Steve bruce to train my U10's team! 

You wouldn't need to worry, he'd loan them all out for being inexperienced.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice Bruce does his usual 'we have to do the basics' speech in the after match interview.  He's says it every week yet we still don't do it ffs....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lifelongvilla said:

Hogan out for the season for sure.

SB is past it, the games moved on without him. Get him gone BEFORE we get relegated!!!!!!

 

who you gonna bring in????? support your manager!!!! get this season out the way we go again next. cant keep sacking blokes,everyone since oneill cant be wrong or bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, villagaz711 said:

 

who you gonna bring in????? support your manager!!!! get this season out the way we go again next. cant keep sacking blokes,everyone since oneill cant be wrong or bad.

Ive given SB enough support, until he shows me something worthy of my support i'll say what the feck i like when i like. 

Not every manager has been wrong since Mon, Learner was a major problem as well as poor choices in the management team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zeewulf said:

I notice Bruce does his usual 'we have to do the basics' speech in the after match interview.  He's says it every week yet we still don't do it ffs....

These lads can do the basics or they wouldnt be getting paid to play football. They lack identity and cohesion and thats down to the manager and his staff, no one else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lifelongvilla said:

Ive given SB enough support, until he shows me something worthy of my support i'll say what the feck i like when i like. 

Not every manager has been wrong since Mon, Learner was a major problem as well as poor choices in the management team. 

 

i get that but i dont believe we should change again, we are the laughing stock off football at the min. me personally i would of stuck with sherwood, we were destined for relegation but he would of had a go in this division. going back even further maybe we should of offered Gary mac after houllier fell ill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, villagaz711 said:

 

i get that but i dont believe we should change again, we are the laughing stock off football at the min. me personally i would of stuck with sherwood, we were destined for relegation but he would of had a go in this division. going back even further maybe we should of offered Gary mac after houllier fell ill.

I'm with you on that one Gaz, maybe if he hadnt thrown his toys out the pram at the pile of shite he was bought???? for me SB is doing a worse job than Remi Garde, garde didnt have a penny to spend to change a single thing in a p*ss poor team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are now in a relegation battle no doubt  about it our form this calleneder year is the joint worst with the fox's in the top four tears. How long are people happy to stick by Bruce, until we are relegated to league 1? For this club that would be the final nail in the coffin. There seems to be a distinct lack of cohesion and heart on the field and either a fear or worst still an instruction to hold off other sides not get up um and run down every ball. I find it hard to support a manager who in my opinion has no clue whatsoever what his best 11 is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 2-0 defeat up there is no great surprise, I'm more concerned by the injury to Hogan. Reading the Birmingham Mail a moment ago it seems the jury is still out on how bad it is, with a bit of luck ( and we're long overdue some ) it'll just be a sprain and a week or two out.

We need to halt this slide now, next 3 games Derby and Bristol at VP, Rotherham away.....no excuses, 3 wins and we can breath easy, 3 defeats and we are in big trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the match on sky last night but can't really remember Hogan touching the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dorset lion said:

A 2-0 defeat up there is no great surprise, I'm more concerned by the injury to Hogan. Reading the Birmingham Mail a moment ago it seems the jury is still out on how bad it is, with a bit of luck ( and we're long overdue some ) it'll just be a sprain and a week or two out.

We need to halt this slide now, next 3 games Derby and Bristol at VP, Rotherham away.....no excuses, 3 wins and we can breath easy, 3 defeats and we are in big trouble.

Its more likely a lateral ligament tear, a sprain can be diagnosed very quickly,, the fact its taking time to diagnose would suggest a lot of swelling so they cant pinpoint which ligament/ligaments have been damaged. He would of been better off breaking his ankle, recovery time is much faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21/02/2017 : After this result AVFC's total Form Points dropped to 52 ... that is, points after 46 games.
The maximum available as of now is 78 points, with 42 points to play for.
AVFC remain below par on 36 points with a negative GD and are 17th, 4 points off the drop zone. The points range still covers the play-off positions, going by previous Seasons, but as I said last week, it also encompasses the relegation zone, albeit at the top end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

21/02/2017 : After this result AVFC's total Form Points dropped to 52 ... that is, points after 46 games.
The maximum available as of now is 78 points, with 42 points to play for.
AVFC remain below par on 36 points with a negative GD and are 17th, 4 points off the drop zone. The points range still covers the play-off positions, going by previous Seasons, but as I said last week, it also encompasses the relegation zone, albeit at the top end.

We're 4 points above Bristol in 21st but 6 off the drop zone, only bottom 3 drop in the Championship Larry unless I and the table on the BBC website are both wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

We're 4 points above Bristol in 21st but 6 off the drop zone, only bottom 3 drop in the Championship Larry unless I and the table on the BBC website are both wrong.

Correct, Dorset, the gap is 6 points, my mistake.

AVFC (32 : 36 : 17th) - Wigan (32 : 30 : 22nd).

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

Correct, Dorset, the gap is 6 points, my mistake.

AVFC (32 : 36 : 17th) - Wigan (32 : 30 : 22nd).

You worried me there for a minute Larry.....wasn't sure which one of us was having a senior moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

21/02/2017 : After this result AVFC's total Form Points dropped to 52 ... that is, points after 46 games.
The maximum available as of now is 78 points, with 42 points to play for.

We're only 33 points behind newcastle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×