Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Away day Trains

Just checked,  When we play fulham away on April 17,  you can get a return train ticket for £8 at the moment

New St to Euston and back EIGHT QUID !!!!!  you'd be a fool not to 

Just purchased mine,  departs London at 8pm,  time for a few pints after the match 

Edited by Patrick

fliegetn0.gif

Update

Told my mate about the deal and he said book me a ticket . So went back on virgin site and the same journey came up at £29.  So tried a few things and got him booked up on the same ten am outward train from new St.  But coming back I am on the 8 pm from Euston and he's on the 8.15.  Eight quid return each,,   ,,,laughing 

fliegetn0.gif

I got a few returns booked for home games for £8 yesterday. Some great deals. 

2426f5x.png

Wigan away on Jan 12 is £16 return at the moment. Tempted to book 2 tickets.

According to this I should be alright but I think there may be a chance of it being moved to the 13th 

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

Preston away on Dec 29 , trains expensive at the moment,  but I'm hoping for a good black Friday train deal next week. 'possibly a virgin seat sale. 

fliegetn0.gif

21 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Wigan away on Jan 12 is £16 return at the moment. Tempted to book 2 tickets.

According to this I should be alright but I think there may be a chance of it being moved to the 13th 

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

Preston away on Dec 29 , trains expensive at the moment,  but I'm hoping for a good black Friday train deal next week. 'possibly a virgin seat sale. 

£55 return when I looked for Preston away and that was 8 weeks prior to the day of the game, no thank you.. rip off. If you think you’re gonna go Wigan then book the train tickets as we’ll get a big allocation there, can always sell them if not.

To put those prices in perspective I went to Naples last month for £10 from East Midlands (Train from New Street to Derby £8 and £4ish from Derby station to Airport by bus) and next March I have a flight to Hamburg for £13 from Manchester (National Express from Digbeth to the airport £8). Our train fares in this country are absolutely ridiculous at times.

2 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

If you think you’re gonna go Wigan then book the train tickets as we’ll get a big allocation there, can always sell them if not.

I'll be going to wigan on the Saturday chicken. The reason I haven't booked the train tickets yet  is I'm worried it may get switched to a Sunday. Which would mean I would be stuck with 2 day return train tickets to wigan for  the Saturday when Villa are playing on the Sunday.  Who would buy them off me,,,  ?

fliegetn0.gif

On 11/16/2018 at 7:00 AM, chickenbaltipie said:

£55 return when I looked for Preston away and that was 8 weeks prior to the day of the game, no thank you.. rip off. 

£25 now 

fliegetn0.gif

Just booked ,  Preston away. £20 return  on virgin trains. Well it's 25  quid but I booked through the trainpal app and got a fiver black Friday discount. 

It's an app worth  downloading if you like trains to away matches. 

https://m.thetrainpal.com/html5/bfdownload/

fliegetn0.gif

18 hours ago, Patrick said:

Just booked ,  Preston away. £20 return  on virgin trains. Well it's 25  quid but I booked through the trainpal app and got a fiver black Friday discount. 

It's an app worth  downloading if you like trains to away matches. 

https://m.thetrainpal.com/html5/bfdownload/

Sorted mine, the outbound was £9 with the £2 discount. Wouldn’t apply the £3 discount to the return as I think it needs to be £15 or more. Found a discount for the skyscanner app ‘SKYTRAIN’ which adds 2 £2 discounts and one of them was applied to my return for £12 so £21 return altogether, don’t mind that.

Did a little research on TrainPal to see if it’s legit first as I’d never heard of it, same company that operates SkyScanner.