Jump to content

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Steve Bruce

Recommended Posts

I think bruce will be judged this year with more scrutiny than at any other point in his history. And we really do have to hit the ground running. I don't wanna think about replacing the manager but I do honestly think come Xmas may be panic season. As a matter of interest what's the penalty for breaching FFP rules?

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blackcountryvillain said:

I think so too. Who would you like to see replace him mate?

Dean Smith 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will know Hogan well to won't he mate. He's also a Villa fan and the way hes transformed Brentford is quite remarkable. I think that his play style will suit us as we haven't got any target men strikers or any good crossers really and he loves to play counter attacking football and use through balls rather than crosses to create chances which would suit everyone of our strikers better than headed chances via crosses. His record at Brentford is P:78 W:31 D:14 L:33 which I think is quite good. The only issue I could see with Smith is actually getting him. Brentford finished 10th last season and are pushing for playoffs next season which is higher than us. He also signed a few players from Walsall when he left like Romaine Sawyers and Rico Henry. He also has a good setup there with players such as Jota and Vibe even after losing Hogan. Other than a higher wage, I don't know why he'd come tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Patrick said:

Dean Smith 

He will know Hogan well to won't he mate. He's also a Villa fan and the way hes transformed Brentford is quite remarkable. I think that his play style will suit us as we haven't got any target men strikers or any good crossers really and he loves to play counter attacking football and use through balls rather than crosses to create chances which would suit everyone of our strikers better than headed chances via crosses. His record at Brentford is P:78 W:31 D:14 L:33 which I think is quite good. The only issue I could see with Smith is actually getting him. Brentford finished 10th last season and are pushing for playoffs next season which is higher than us. He also signed a few players from Walsall when he left like Romaine Sawyers and Rico Henry. He also has a good setup there with players such as Jota and Vibe even after losing Hogan. Other than a higher wage, I don't know why he'd come tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So deans win ratio at Brentford is 39.74 and Bruce is 41.6 and smith is a better boss?? Overall bruce 37.08 and smith 34.02. I say better the devil you know!!!!

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What gets me is, all these fans who want bruce out, under RDM we would of been relegated FULL STOP. What gets me is those fickle villa fans that when we're winning chant 'Steve Bruce Claret n blue army' but as soon as we are under the cosh or losing it's just 'claret n blue army' for me I support the badge no matter who's the gaffer. Let me guess you voted brexit but now think have I made the right choice??? TOUGH it is what it is. You all called for bruce as manager and now cause we not made playoffs he's the enemy. Remember we had 3 top rated forwards. Kodjia- African nations. Hogan, bedding into a new team, and McCormack too fat, but I guess that's the gaffers fault. Fact is we are 1 man team and if kodjia wasn't at African nations we'd make the playoffs.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, villagaz711 said:

What gets me is, all these fans who want bruce out, under RDM we would of been relegated FULL STOP. What gets me is those fickle villa fans that when we're winning chant 'Steve Bruce Claret n blue army' but as soon as we are under the cosh or losing it's just 'claret n blue army' for me I support the badge no matter who's the gaffer. Let me guess you voted brexit but now think have I made the right choice??? TOUGH it is what it is. You all called for bruce as manager and now cause we not made playoffs he's the enemy. Remember we had 3 top rated forwards. Kodjia- African nations. Hogan, bedding into a new team, and McCormack too fat, but I guess that's the gaffers fault. Fact is we are 1 man team and if kodjia wasn't at African nations we'd make the playoffs.

 

Not sure who your referring to gaz , if its me well i don't want Bruce out (yet) , Although i am far from impressed with him so far , Lets see how he does , hopefully we will get a good start and be up there all season and finish in play offs at least ,If that happens Bruce can have a job for life at Villa as far as i am concerned , All i am saying if we are not in the top 6  by October or after ten games i think he should go and i think Dr Tony will be thinking the same. The change needs to be done then , not Christmas so as to give the new manager who ever it is a realistic chance

ps , yes i voted brexit , no regrets , glad i done it , glad most of Britain   did too , no regrets what so ever ,one problem ,  too much dilly dallying since , hopefully  the government just gets on with it after  the general election who ever wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, villagaz711 said:

So deans win ratio at Brentford is 39.74 and Bruce is 41.6 and smith is a better boss?? Overall bruce 37.08 and smith 34.02. I say better the devil you know!!!!

 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bruce has done that with being able to buy the top championship players at the time (McCormack, Kodjia, Hogan, Lansbury, Hourihane) and have them all at his disposal after already having a side with people like Baker, Chester and Jedinak in it. We also took Brentford's top scorer who already had 14 goals this season by the time we bought him and they still finished 3 places above us! They spent 5.5mil all year! We spent close to 80mil! Give Smith that budget, in a club the size of Villa and see how he does! Then put Bruce in the Brentford job, give him 5.5mil in a average side at best in a small club (no offence to Brentford) and take his star striker half way though the season  and see how he does.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, villagaz711 said:

So deans win ratio at Brentford is 39.74 and Bruce is 41.6 and smith is a better boss?? Overall bruce 37.08 and smith 34.02. I say better the devil you know!!!!

 

Yes mate,  and Kyle did

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Patrick said:

Yes mate,  and Kyle did

lol you got me :)

 

13 hours ago, Patrick said:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve Bruce will deliver for us this season!! i am convinced of this!!

it might be a rollercoster at times but we have the right man at the right time for the job in hand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×