Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Steve Bruce

211 posts in this topic

BruceWebsiteMain1.ashx?h=720&la=en&mw=12

 

All Steve Bruce related chat here..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, avstu said:

BruceWebsiteMain1.ashx?h=720&la=en&mw=12

 

All Steve Bruce related chat here..

Bet the blue noses really hate this picture lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Villa Park Steve Bruce.....and good luck, I think you may well need it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Theclaretblue said:

Bet the blue noses really hate this picture lol

We need to get over Birmingham and everyone else. It is all about Aston Villa right now and our attention turns to hopefully picking up three points on Saturday. One game at a time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard Steve, take us forward, PLEASE.

 

Please no more chances for Agbonlahor.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard Stevee lad-----good luck,get the Boyz winning again and climbing up that league.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr ton went back to Rome to drop off Di matteo 

Now we've got a manager who looks like a potato

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think he is the best we could have hoped for in our situation and frankly the right man for the job of taking us up.  Though if there is one thing he does as well as promote championship teams its relegate prem teams.... Don't think he is the answer long term.  But now he is.  Fully support him

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peever said:

Think he is the best we could have hoped for in our situation and frankly the right man for the job of taking us up.  Though if there is one thing he does as well as promote championship teams its relegate prem teams.... Don't think he is the answer long term.  But now he is.  Fully support him

Agree with everything you've said mate.  Probably the right man to stop the rot but not the guy for the higher honours that Dr Xia is chasing in his 5 year plan.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be a selection of our fans now waiting for him to slip up and fail and this will always prevent us from being successful. So,e fans like to be right and are happy to see Villa fail in order to be right. 

 

It is about time we all stuck together as one and backed the regime.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Think he is the best we could have hoped for in our situation and frankly the right man for the job of taking us up.  Though if there is one thing he does as well as promote championship teams its relegate prem teams.... Don't think he is the answer long term.  But now he is.  Fully support him

Steve Bruce's stats read as;

Average championship final position 3rd

Average premiership final position 13th

As things stand I'd take that right now. He will get us promoted maybe not this season but definitely next season and who knows when we are in the premiership he will have money for once and with a good scouting network I think this will work. I've not been as excited over a manager since MON.

The other thing I wanna address is this so called agent Bruce or blue nose in disguise. For all the doubters get over your selves, he was across the city 9 years ago, many of us can't remember what we were doing 9 years ago. I look at it like this, he did his gcse's over there now he's here to do his masters. #onlywayisup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ill pass judgment after Christmas, until then, let him get on with it and give him a chance.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still not sure about this appointment but willing to give him a chance. Needs to start well though or the knives will be out again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont like the bloke one bit, but I do think he'll do a good job for us. Hopefully he can hit the ground running on saturday with 3 points. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been calling for Steve Bruce before Lambert was hired - hope it doesn't backfire now.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whatever your thoughts good bad or indifferent---if we are ever going to get out of the f***** mess we find ourselves  currently in, we have got to pull together and get behind the lad ---strewth like him or not ----GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!   For the good of the club----THATS WHAT MATTERS and should really be our primary concern!!!

in my time there has been many who  have represented both  bloose and Villa  to name a few--Ron Wylie Cammie Frazer Geoff Vowden,Trevor Hockey Malcolm Beard,Kevin Phillips,Liam Ridgewell,Craig Gardner,Peter Withe,---some done well others not so well --but all deserved a chance at whatever club.--the plight we are in simply cannot continue,and we really cannot allow ourselves to be dam chooosy!!!

  VTID-------------------------------

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freddy said:

whatever your thoughts good bad or indifferent---if we are ever going to get out of the f***** mess we find ourselves  currently in, we have got to pull together and get behind the lad ---strewth like him or not ----GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!   For the good of the club----THATS WHAT MATTERS and should really be our primary concern!!!

in my time there has been many who  have represented both  bloose and Villa  to name a few--Ron Wylie Cammie Frazer Geoff Vowden,Trevor Hockey Malcolm Beard,Kevin Phillips,Liam Ridgewell,Craig Gardner,Peter Withe,---some done well others not so well --but all deserved a chance at whatever club.--the plight we are in simply cannot continue,and we really cannot allow ourselves to be dam chooosy!!!

  VTID-------------------------------

You missed one there Freddy, probably the most important man at this club since Ramsay.......Ron Saunders, and I will idolise that man until my dying day.

Lets give this one at least a couple of transfer windows before we turn on him for been a clueless fool who knows nothing because if he fails we really are in deep sh*t.

UTV

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13/10/2016 : Most folks approach the appointment of Steve Bruce yesterday sensibly : that he is an experienced football manager with a good track record, a record that suits the current requirements of AVFC.  I am one of those 'most folks', so let us back Steve Bruce in his endeavours. He has not joined Aston Villa to get our Club relegated, he has joined AVFC to get us back to where we belong and with his record, should succeed. If he fails on the field, then it will be right to criticise him, but give the man a chance first.

To the minority who castigate Steve Bruce for his previous tenure at Birmingham City ... that stance is both puerile and pathetic, so grow up !

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite bizarre to read fans saying they give Bruce until Xmas or else he's facing the sack!

Bruce is the best available candidate, there was no one else interested, near Bruce's track record.

Manager's are distancing themselves from the Villa job imo because, they fear they will only have 3-4 games before the fans start getting restless, yet again.

Time to chill out, get behind Bruce, and stop placing exacting expectations on him, before he's even started.

He's starting with a quarter of the season already gone.

Relax, and lets see what happens when a manager with a proven track record is given time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dorset lion said:

You missed one there Freddy, probably the most important man at this club since Ramsay.......Ron Saunders, and I will idolise that man until my dying day.

Lets give this one at least a couple of transfer windows before we turn on him for been a clueless fool who knows nothing because if he fails we really are in deep sh*t.

UTV

Blimey Dorset --how could i forget Ron? i reckon it must be yet another "senior moment" they keep on creeping in!------yes he will always be a very important man in the annals of our club, 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markymark said:

Stephen Clemence has joined Villa.

in what role Marky do we know?   any news on Kevin Bond or Steve Clarke?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freddy said:

in what role Marky do we know?   any news on Kevin Bond or Steve Clarke?

He is first team coach. I am sure Clarke has left the club - probably just awaiting his contract termination. No idea about Bond.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sensible choice. As I said after RDM:s departure, if we can´t get Big-Sam, then appoint Bruce.

If he can´t get us firing, then I´ll give up, there must something wrong with Villa-dna.

In Steve I trust. I must.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0