Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Patrick

The Parking / Match Day Travel Thread

Need a new place to park. Half way through last season started parking at manor school and if I left on time took 40 mins to reach Lichfield rd and that was sitting in holte, this season sitting in trinity. Any recommendations where to park, wanna test for Watford game.

I was suggested sacred heart

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Need a new place to park. Half way through last season started parking at manor school and if I left on time took 40 mins to reach Lichfield rd and that was sitting in holte, this season sitting in trinity. Any recommendations where to park, wanna test for Watford game.

How early would I need to be to get a space?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, villagaz711 said:

How early would I need to be to get a space?

An hour 

fliegetn0.gif

For Watford, Hull and the next few weekend home games after that the Aston expressway and spaghetti junction and it's slip roads will be shut. 

Avoid the area completely 

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/2016/06/16/aston-expressway-in-birmingham-to-shut-for-up-to-seven-months/

fliegetn0.gif

Blimey----we had M6// Expressway closures at the start of last season!! i thought that was for Expressway strengthening?i imagine this could go on and on for months,will need to get the old street map out and find another suitable route---sounds like the A45 aint good neither!

Many thanks for posting this Patrick----i would have just rolled up on Aug 5th completely unaware-----forewarned is forearmed!!!  Cheers man.:clap

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

2 hours ago, freddy said:

Blimey----we had M6// Expressway closures at the start of last season!! i thought that was for Expressway strengthening?i imagine this could go on and on for months,will need to get the old street map out and find another suitable route---sounds like the A45 aint good neither!

Many thanks for posting this Patrick----i would have just rolled up on Aug 5th completely unaware-----forewarned is forearmed!!!  Cheers man.:clap

Freddy how about the train. You can buy a network daytripper ticket on any bus or at any train station for . £6.60.  It gives you unlimited travel on any bus or any train within the West Midlands (including Coventry) ..for one day

I am buying one today,  for  godiva festival,  bus to Bham international, train to cov, bus number 11,  to weatherspoons in earlsdon for a few hours. , see stranglers for free,   then bus, train and bus home.  Not bad for 6 pound 60 

fliegetn0.gif

that sure is food for thought Patrick--it just makes it a long day and be a bit dodgy walking through the 3 spire city with Villa colours on---they still hate Villa??? and could,t do it mid -week, last bus is 10.45------might give Nuneaton a blast---

on 2nd thoughts what would you say is the best way to Villa Park from Junction5?

You visiting Sky Blue town and Memorial Park----enjoy and have a good one man----weatherspoons at Earlsdon--aint bad have had a few decent evenings there,is it still called The City Arms?

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

49 minutes ago, freddy said:

that sure is food for thought Patrick--it just makes it a long day and be a bit dodgy walking through the 3 spire city with Villa colours on---they still hate Villa??? and could,t do it mid -week, last bus is 10.45------might give Nuneaton a blast---

on 2nd thoughts what would you say is the best way to Villa Park from Junction5?

You visiting Sky Blue town and Memorial Park----enjoy and have a good one man----weatherspoons at Earlsdon--aint bad have had a few decent evenings there,is it still called The City Arms?

Yes City arms Fred , yes if you're still coming on the M6 , you will have to come off at J5 , as 6 will be shut , , Come off and turn right , I would avoid the A38 Tyburn road as that will be at a standstill  ,  , so come off at 5 , turn right and 1st left af B and Q , , its the A47 spine road past the fort shopping centre , follow signs for Star City , you can park there but its a longish walk to the ground , . i would park by Aston Manor Brewery , thimble mill lane if you use a sat nav Or park in or near sacred heart if your having a pint, 

fliegetn0.gif

Cheers Patrick----thats the way i came home a few times last season when M6 South was closed at J6--- So it will have to do both ways this season,!!!!!--many thanks man.

have a good night in cov man---hope it stays dry for ya at Memorial Park----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 9/2/2016 at 11:31 PM, Patrick said:

FAO OF RICH 

Nor sure where you park Rich ,, some good spots near the sacred heart

After the match , your best bet is get on the A34 towards perry barr and walsall ,,, but get in the left hand lane and take the A453 (sutton coldfield) at the split in the underpass by the crown and cushion / one stop shopping centre DO NOT TAKE the A34 walsall ,

Follow it round , past the greyhound dog track and  under the motorway then do a left when you see this sign  (streetly , kingstanding B4138)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.5296116,-1.8931927,3a,37.5y,58.58h,86.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stOxtz7_-vpAiwP_0X_tsOg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

straight over at kingstanding circle roundabout  (3rd exit ) following signs for Streetly ,, keep going straight till you come to T junction and do a left

Your are now on the A452 chester  road to Brownhills,,  follow that all the way to Brownhills

At Brownhills go down  the high st , to the big tin man miners statue  ,carry on A452 , then you come to the rising sun island where you take the A5 to Cannock

At Cannock you can take the A460 to the M6 junction 11 , but its just as quick to stay on the A5 to junction 12 ,,, then get off at 13

Hi, just wondering if this is still the best route to head to Cannock after tonight's game vs Sheff Utd. I'm travelling to my mates house after the game which isn't my usual direction of travel.

Would also appreciate parking recommendations. Thanks, UTV.