Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Patrick

The Parking / Match Day Travel Thread

On Tuesday, October 04, 2016 at 7:07 AM, deano.w said:

What school Freddy? I was at St Thomas Moore.

Manor Park back in the late 60,searly 70,s girlfriend her bros & sisters and a few mates of mine all went Tommy More a gud catholic school Deano did yu know any of the Magee,s from the The Ponderosa estate in downtown Beduth?

8 hours ago, freddy said:

Manor Park back in the late 60,searly 70,s girlfriend her bros & sisters and a few mates of mine all went Tommy More a gud catholic school Deano did yu know any of the Magee,s from the The Ponderosa estate in downtown Beduth?

I knew the Cartwright's from the Ponderosa Freddy, not seen much of 'em since the 70s.

1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

I knew the Cartwright's from the Ponderosa Freddy, not seen much of 'em since the 70s.

Ha nice one Dorset---Hoss Little Joe,Adam and Ben were,nt it?  used to luv it and them other tv western,s Cheyenne,Bronco,Wyatt Earp ( did,nt Hugh O,Brien pass away a few weeks ago_Wagon Train- The Lone Ranger, Maverick,--great viewing man great viewing,

ah man "The Ponderosa" is an estate built in the early 60,s late 50ths to accoomodate working men from the north east and beyond and their families to work in the 2 local pits ----you can imagine how the nickname came to be lol !!!!

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:13 PM, freddy said:

Ha nice one Dorset---Hoss Little Joe,Adam and Ben were,nt it?  used to luv it and them other tv western,s Cheyenne,Bronco,Wyatt Earp ( did,nt Hugh O,Brien pass away a few weeks ago_Wagon Train- The Lone Ranger, Maverick,--great viewing man great viewing,

ah man "The Ponderosa" is an estate built in the early 60,s late 50ths to accoomodate working men from the north east and beyond and their families to work in the 2 local pits ----you can imagine how the nickname came to be lol !!!!

Bit like the wild west was it Freddy ? our estate had a nickname locally.....everyone knew it as "the Bronx", it was a bit rough but not so bad.....I loved those Western shows, as I type this I'm getting the urge to jump around the room on my imaginary horse while singing the Bonanza theme, just like I did nearly 50 years ago.

The first one I remember was the Range Rider, even called my Teddy Bear Dicky West ( I was only 3 or 4 ) by my Teens I was a High Chaparral man, I quite liked the show but was mesmerised by Linda Cristal's low cut tops and heaving busom:calmdown

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:00 AM, freddy said:

bit early for me freddy, I was there in the 80s.

only Magee's I knew were from Nuneaton, although did now a lot of the Beduth lads.

Ponderosa and Bronx----names say a lot Dorset --lol,--wild west you got it man,Linda Crystal  now that was a gal---heaving bosums low cut dress say no more,have to watch the ticker a bit these days--

Beduth lads --theres a term as old as Beduth Banks Deano,--yeh man i reckon "my time" was a while before "your time"

done some trials at Tommy More for county cricket way way back reckon it was one of the few decent  local school tarmac strips in them days,--but didnt and dont suit my left arm googlys----fell off one 2 seasons ago over Wolston way almost broke dam ankle.!

Need a new place to park. Half way through last season started parking at manor school and if I left on time took 40 mins to reach Lichfield rd and that was sitting in holte, this season sitting in trinity. Any recommendations where to park, wanna test for Watford game.

28 minutes ago, villagaz711 said:

Need a new place to park. Half way through last season started parking at manor school and if I left on time took 40 mins to reach Lichfield rd and that was sitting in holte, this season sitting in trinity. Any recommendations where to park, wanna test for Watford game.

By Aston manor brewery, Thimble Mill Lane,, free parking,,  5 minute walk from manor school