Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Patrick

The Parking / Match Day Travel Thread

6 hours ago, callum_sleezby said:

I've always parked in the Astra Seal car park opposite the Tavern but it gets on your nerves getting out of that place as you can queue for hours!

yeah i think villagaz parks there too callum ,,  ,  i have a theory , the closer you park to Villa Park , the longer it will take you to get home  , unless you leave before the end of  every match ,,,,,and some do

fliegetn0.gif

thanks for confirming that point Patrick---at least getting there on the M6 should be hassle free,:beer 

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Freddy,

if you are going A45 route back, this is the best parking and easiest way out I have found.

Free parking on Chester street and walk in past Harley Davidson and manor tavern.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/52.4967897,-1.8811/52.507247,-1.8815173/@52.5023402,-1.8839631,15.42z/data=!4m19!4m18!1m15!3m4!1m2!1d-1.8835166!2d52.4983861!3s0x4870bca0f59e22df:0x6954ab61254d7d06!3m4!1m2!1d-1.8792331!2d52.5007723!3s0x4870bb5f2c46e8d1:0x34c31a79ea56aed!3m4!1m2!1d-1.8799672!2d52.5021487!3s0x4870bb58c322db31:0xd9c06c33825c8060!1m0!3e2

on the way out drive to the top of Chester street past Campiniles hotel and a little slip road leads you onto the ring road, then on till you hit the A45.

done this route for last 6 years, best fro getting away quickly, just a little bit of walking.

^^^^ cheers Deano sorry only just spotted your post----if the dam M6 is still horrendous reckon i,ll give your route a whirl after the Newcastle game--which at the moment i must admit i,m not looking forward to,--thanks again much appreciated,

where in the grand state of the west midlands do you live man?

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

1 hour ago, freddy said:

^^^^ cheers Deano sorry only just spotted your post----if the dam M6 is still horrendous reckon i,ll give your route a whirl after the Newcastle game--which at the moment i must admit i,m not looking forward to,--thanks again much appreciated,

where in the grand state of the west midlands do you live man?

Been in Coventry for the last 20 years. Up Wykin / Walsgrave area. 

15 mine late for kick off on Tuesday due to the bloody M6. Although it's my side of town, sometimes the A45 is easier.

From back end of nuneaton originally going towards Coleshill,  Ansley Arley and galley common when it was just a small village. 

^^^^^ Wyken Walsgrave, ----used to know the area well, handy for J2 M6-- i,m in Exhall handy for J3--- worked in city centre area for 35 dam years,--and played cricket for Peugeot 10 years,went to school in down (treacle) town Nuneaton,,---many memories,

Does anyone know if the M6 is still a no goer at Junction 6?---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

1 hour ago, freddy said:

This might help, Freddy. I think it is updated regularly.

M6 Traffic Delays

AVFC RFC SAFC

^^^^^ Many thanks Larry-----there would seem to be movement and no mention of Aston Expressway delays!! it may well now be finally done!! if so ---magic, and great news for all of us using J6!! Fedup1 and Rich included----guess we will find out for sure tomorrow evening----and if good i should be back at freddy towers well before the chip shop shuts,!!

Thaks  again for the info Larry.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 3:37 PM, freddy said:

^^^^^ Wyken Walsgrave, ----used to know the area well, handy for J2 M6-- i,m in Exhall handy for J3--- worked in city centre area for 35 dam years,--and played cricket for Peugeot 10 years,went to school in down (treacle) town Nuneaton,,---many memories,

What school Freddy? I was at St Thomas Moore.